Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Change to chapter 10 of Circumnavigation

I've had to make a change to chapter 10, "Launch", and I feel that it's only fair that I report changes to posted chapters (other than typo and spelling fixes).

When posted, one of the paragraphs in chapter 10 read;

Trevor looked up for a moment, and then grinned and finished opening the gift.

Plus it does have major importance in the plot. Don't want to spoil the story, but you people should reread from chapter 10 with the detail CJ revealed in mind. A completely different lighting on the story, rest assured it'll be worth the time you put in it.

hehehe we'll see if has any impact at all??

probably not

compared to in wargames - the kid uses tape recorder to records the tones to exit out of a secure medical examination room

• Site Administrator

Personally, I don't see this is being significant. People use imprecise statements all the same. Certainly, if I was a sailor and I received an iPod in a waterproof case, I'd probably call it a 'waterproof iPod'.

The only reason I can think of for making this change is that Apple has sent C James and 'cease-and-desist' letter, because they're planning on bring out a waterproof iPod in the near future and didn't like the fact that he spilled the beans early.... :wacko:

Plus it does have major importance in the plot. Don't want to spoil the story, but you people should reread from chapter 10 with the detail CJ revealed in mind. A completely different lighting on the story, rest assured it'll be worth the time you put in it.

:lmao:

Well, okay, I don't think the iPod is even mentioned between chapter 10 and chapter 39, and it's not plot critical, but it is one of those technical goofs that I try to avoid making. :)

hehehe we'll see if has any impact at all??

probably not

compared to in wargames - the kid uses tape recorder to records the tones to exit out of a secure medical examination room

But it could have had an impact... what if Trevor had settled into his beanbag to listen to some tumes, and suddenly his waterproof iPod had vanished, due to there being no such thing. Then, in the confusion caused by the impossible vanishing of his impossible iPod, he didn't notice the tanker bearing down on him.... 0:)

Personally, I don't see this is being significant. People use imprecise statements all the same. Certainly, if I was a sailor and I received an iPod in a waterproof case, I'd probably call it a 'waterproof iPod'.

The only reason I can think of for making this change is that Apple has sent C James and 'cease-and-desist' letter, because they're planning on bring out a waterproof iPod in the near future and didn't like the fact that he spilled the beans early.... :wacko:

ROFL!!!

Good point; it was in the dialog, so it probably could have stood as is...

The waterproof cases, BTW, are plastic enclosures for the iPod. I just assumed that they made a model of iPods waterproof, because I know swimmers use them while swimming laps sometimes, but as it turns out, they are just snap-on cases.

I found this goof myself... I was reading an account of a solo circumnavigation, and one of the things on the gear list was waterproof cases for iPods. I though hat was weird: why not just use a waterproof iPod? So I googled, and learned that there is no such thing. :*)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..