How did you come up with your screen name?

Camilo

Reisce aka LP. Reisce is a nickname and also what I would like to change my first name to. LP is Lunar Phoenix. Lunar kind of incorporates 3 things. I like astronomy, in astrology my sign is ruled by the moon and I love seeing the moon on a clear night, especially in winter. Phoenix is from the comic books. I don't mean Jean, although she was part of it. I mean the Phoenix Force itself. I'm not sure why I put aka. Lunar and Phoenix are separate and don't represent a character or alter ego of myself.

Holly is the short version of my middle name Holleen. Holly rhymes with Jolly and my friends would always call me Holly Jolly. Then my best friend got tired of it and began to call me HJ. I have been HJ for a long while now. So there we have it :D.

Do tell! :D

Lol.

Well, long time ago, i decided to change my msn name, just for a change.

So i came up with a list of names.

I didn't like any of them.

I ended up playing videogames that day. One of the character's name was Rowan.

And there was a place called Mahogany town.

So, i decided to switch the 'a' for an 'e'

And so Rowen Mahogany was built.

So i changed my msn screen name to it.

In the next days, everyone was calling me Rowen! lol

(To this very date, one of my closest friends still do)

I decided to not only use it as a screen name, but also as a pen-name.

Eventually, Rowen Mahogany started appearing on forum's and the like.

But i usually get bore...

So i got bored, and within a year, i had created another screen name.

(And within a year after this one, i created yet another one!! But that's another matter!)

Relocated to other forums and all that.

But i decided that it was going to be my pen-name, even if it weren't my screen name anymore.

Days passed by and i decided to let my thoughts finally on paper, and began working on my unpublished novel.

And i needed a name.

So i name the main character Rowen, cus it fit him perfectly.

But i couldn't fit a last name.

It had to be Mahogany.

I had gotten so used to it.

Everyone had!

So, Rowen Mahogany (the character) was built.

And then it got me thinking, i just couldn't have the same pen-name as the main character.

It just wouldn't fit.

So i decided to use my name, Alejandro.

And to keep the other, Mahogany.

Cuz there is something about it...(perhaps about the wood) that i like!

But given the fact that Alejandro Mahogany is pretty long itself, i had to short it up a bit.

And so, da dam, AleMaho was built!

And that's it. A bit ridiculous, but it happened. So, lol i guess! :D

• Like 1

Lol.

Well, long time ago, i decided to change my msn name, just for a change.

So i came up with a list of names.

I didn't like any of them.

I ended up playing videogames that day. One of the character's name was Rowan.

And there was a place called Mahogany town.

So, i decided to switch the 'a' for an 'e'

And so Rowen Mahogany was built.

So i changed my msn screen name to it.

In the next days, everyone was calling me Rowen! lol

(To this very date, one of my closest friends still do)

I decided to not only use it as a screen name, but also as a pen-name.

Eventually, Rowen Mahogany started appearing on forum's and the like.

But i usually get bore...

So i got bored, and within a year, i had created another screen name.

(And within a year after this one, i created yet another one!! But that's another matter!)

Relocated to other forums and all that.

But i decided that it was going to be my pen-name, even if it weren't my screen name anymore.

Days passed by and i decided to let my thoughts finally on paper, and began working on my unpublished novel.

And i needed a name.

So i name the main character Rowen, cus it fit him perfectly.

But i couldn't fit a last name.

It had to be Mahogany.

I had gotten so used to it.

Everyone had!

So, Rowen Mahogany (the character) was built.

And then it got me thinking, i just couldn't have the same pen-name as the main character.

It just wouldn't fit.

So i decided to use my name, Alejandro.

And to keep the other, Mahogany.

Cuz there is something about it...(perhaps about the wood) that i like!

But given the fact that Alejandro Mahogany is pretty long itself, i had to short it up a bit.

And so, da dam, AleMaho was built!

Such an interesting story, Ale!! You deserve a rep point for this ;)

You're right -- that was a long story. But very interesting! Amazing how names evolve over time. B)

I'm actually not a huge fan of mine, but i was feeling unoriginal and uninspired.

Zolia Lily was the name I wanted to use as my pen name.... when I was about thirteen...

Lily actually should have been my real name- my mum wanted to call me that until dad's parents told her it wasn't a real name. They said it had to be 'Lilian' and she didn't like that.

Wish she'd ignored them; I rather like Lily. That's why i've kind of adopted it as my own again.

Zolia itself was a character in a story I started and never finished. She was tough and cool and confident. Sort of like I'd like to be......

Well, "sucre" is my stage name, plus it sort of fits my sugary disposition, so there ya' go. I'm a simple person. :)

Sucre? It deviates from your other usernames, but I kind of like it. I never imagine you to be a "sugary" person, though. XD

Sucre? It deviates from your other usernames, but I kind of like it. I never imagine you to be a "sugary" person, though. XD

The more you know? X'D

Okay, you caught me. I'm more like an artificial sweetener, but I suppose if I chose the name "Splenda", that would be trademark infringement... or something... if that exists. C: To be fair, though, I never imagined you to have such a charming story behind your username! At any rate, it's terribly catchy! Posted Image

It's a misspelling of Chyort, which was the name of the villain in the book Psychic Warrior, which was my favorite book way back when I started using it. (15 I think) Anyway according to the book it was the Russian word for "devil" so being the good little wannabe goth boy that I was, lol, I thought that sounded pretty damn cool and started using it on forums and in RPG's. By the time I realized I spelled it wrong I had like 10 different website accounts under the name and I liked it better this way so I never changed it.

umm... I don't really remember when was the first time the name "Frostina/ Frosty" was used... i guess it was when i was 9/10 and had just started in a new school. a boarding school. I have a very uncommon name, even for an Indian. people find it difficult to pronounce it and i would rather be called by a new, easier name than have my Beautiful, albeit uncommon name mangled.. so... Frostina was coined.. :D

Stuck to me for more than 15 years now... helped me a lot in many places (Boarding Schools, out of the state colleges and workplaces where people often twisted more than their tongues in trying to pronounce my name correctly), over the years and even in real life i respond to Frosty/ Frostina..

Whenever i create an account, anywhere, i use this and so, when i was creating one here, it never occurred to me to use anything else..

:D

The more you know? X'D

Okay, you caught me. I'm more like an artificial sweetener, but I suppose if I chose the name "Splenda", that would be trademark infringement... or something... if that exists. C: To be fair, though, I never imagined you to have such a charming story behind your username! At any rate, it's terribly catchy! Posted Image

An artificial sweetener? Wooohhh... So unsweet. XD That's better than "Equal" though.

My username is catchy eh? I guess I am just a person stuck in the past. Everytime I went home, I still expect him to run to me, put his strong paws on my shoulders and lick my cheeks. That's his way of greeting. Sometimes, I still imagine that plushy as him. We used to sleep on the same bed, until he started shedding his hair and he was forbidden in my room (mama's orders unfortunately). Still, we are closer than brothers. Let's just say that if he and my little brother were in trouble, I'd go to my dog first. Although I'm hoping I won't be in a situation that could lead to that. The choice would still be hard to make.

Though some would want to slap me and yell for me to move on, I guess I just can't. He's the only one I turn to when I am depressed. And the connection we developed will not be easily severed.

• Like 1

This thread is really fascinating!

My screenname is the last name of my favorite character on "The Golden Girls"- Blanche Devereaux. I have always loved that character because she and I have many things in common. (I'll keep those to myself at the moment)