• Frozen Foods
    • Pizza Hut
    • Dominos
    • Papa Johns
    • Cici's
    • California Pizza Kitchen
    • Chicago Uno's Pizzaria
    • Other

There are really great small restaurant pizzerias that can really make great pizzas... My favorite mass brand is Pizza Hut, only because around here that is the most dominant brand, so... unless I want to go a really far distance just for pizza (which I don't), then Pizza Hut is what I eat.. lol.

DiGiorno is really good for frozen pizza, probably my favorite brand of frozen pizza... they have a wider selection that other brands around here..

• 3 weeks later...

Before my trip to Europe, i usually ordered pizza around every week to every month or so. Mostly from Pizza Hut because as far as what is available to me in Canada in terms of pizza chains, Pizza Hut outranks the rest (again, i'm only referring to the Canadian chains). Dominos pizza tastes like cardboard. And I usually throw away the crust bits because of it. (Don't have Papa Johns up here in the Great White North) Posted Image

However the pizza that I had in Europe was absolutely phenomenal. The toppings were simple (stuff like prosciutto and a few other things I can't remember) but the thin, crisp, flavourful crust was perfect in every way. The prices were amazing too - a little more than an amount I would spend on a McD's combo in Toronto.

I've broken a record as to the period of time I've spent without ordering a single pizza because I haven't been able to find one that matched that quality yet. I'm sure there's some genuine Italian restaurants around here that serve genuine pizzas though...just haven't really had the chance... (plus, they tend to be high end $$$$$$$ restaurants).

We only have Pizza Hut and Dominos in Montreal, so... But my fav pizzas aren't even from there. Montreal is too well known for "buy one, get one for free" or "two for $5" pies. A lot of competition I'd say, despite how expensive to buy the tomatoes and cheese to make all of that stuff.

To me, all what matters is the flavour... the crust, the cheese... I don't give a shit about toppings since I'm happy with just cheese, though I do love mushrooms and pepperonis. What I noticed the most between the US pizzas and Montreal pizzas is that Montreal pizzas always keep the pepperonis buried in the cheese, hardly or never seen and they're HUGE.

f**k Chicago and New York. Montreal has the best pizzas in all varieties.

And I hate, hate, hate chunky sauce. That is just shit. I cannot even stand tomatoes at all if it's not in its 100% purée form. I HATE TOMATOES SO MUCH, yet I can tolerate pizza and non-chunky spaghetti cause just fine.

I'm sure there's some genuine Italian restaurants around here that serve genuine pizzas though...just haven't really had the chance... (plus, they tend to be high end $$$$$$$ restaurants).

I know one that doesn't charge you shitloads. About $8 per personal pie. Just ask me where it is in my city. Edited by Jack Frost
  • 9 months later...

For the first part of the poll I think all of those make a good pizza, not just one :) But... since I had to choose I went with toppings. I like pizza with carmalized onions, tomato and extra garlic yumm

Yeah, gotta say the crust is where it's at, followed closely by the sauce.

If we're talking take out then Papa Johns by a mile. If we're eating out there's a little family owned place not far from me that does the best pizza I've ever eaten, and I've been around! lol

Pizza Hut is just not what it used to be. They scrimp on the toppings now and frankly their crust is way inferior to Papa Johns or even Dominos.

• Like 1

hehe, I like my own pizza best. :)

The base is easy to make with a yummy olive oil flair.

Three cups of flour (white or a mix of white and wholemeal)

Half a cup of grated parmesean

1/4 cup of Olive Oil

About a cup of boiling water (put this in last and judge how much to put in, the dough should be so you can kneed it and not get too sticky, lol)

Yeah, chuck it all together and roll in on the baking tray, pre-cook for 15-20 minutes while you fry up your toppings. I like an aubergine and rosemary topping myself. Yum.

• Like 1

hehe, I like my own pizza best. :)

The base is easy to make with a yummy olive oil flair.

Three cups of flour (white or a mix of white and wholemeal)

Half a cup of grated parmesean

1/4 cup of Olive Oil

About a cup of boiling water (put this in last and judge how much to put in, the dough should be so you can kneed it and not get too sticky, lol)

Yeah, chuck it all together and roll in on the baking tray, pre-cook for 15-20 minutes while you fry up your toppings. I like an aubergine and rosemary topping myself. Yum.

Alright well next time im in town I wanna taste your pizza :)