Remembering Curious George

George W. Bush was President. George was dumb. George was a dumb President. He was also hysterical. Every time he opened his mouth, mangled folksy witticisms came out... but not exactly as intended.

One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above that which is expected.

Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness.

You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.

[to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso] Do you have blacks, too?

I want to thank the President and the CEO of Constellation Energy, Mayo Shattuck. That's a pretty cool first name, isn't it, Mayo. Pass the Mayo.

I'm not the expert on how the Iraqi people think, because I live in America, where it's nice and safe and secure.

[speaking at the Radio & Television Correspondents dinner] I've coined new words like, misunderstanding and Hispanically.

The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants.

I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them.

To those of you who received honors, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say: You, too, can be president of the United States.

Moar sillyness:

10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

• 2 months later...

I am from Texas and elected him governor and president. I don't find poking fun at one that succeeded where 99.9 percent of us where never get there. To many people hate those that get where they get. I don't mean to knock you, you have the right to your opinion, but to bash someone like this isn't right. I will leave it at that because I have the right to ignore and walk away.mad.gif