Cop Tells German Tourist How Its Done In America

Hmm.. lol. I don't know if I could hold my temper in check with a cop talking to me like that... he didn't even give those poor guys a chance.

98 in a 70 is pretty bad though. Not getting a ticket probably was letting them off pretty easy.

98 in a 70 is pretty bad though. Not getting a ticket probably was letting them off pretty easy.

Not on the 15 between L.A. and Las Vegas, it is mostly desert. The freeway is fairly straight and mostly flat. Driving 90MPH is the norm and you really only get pulled over if you are weaving in and out or are over 100.

It is also a major headache for a CHP officer to write someone up at that speed since they have to arrest them and not just give them a ticket. A major paperwork headache. He also knows a tourist will just blow it off.

This is so the 15 Freeway between LA and Las Vegas.......

B).............. I know the route well, you do 90 until you see the lights of Bakersfield and slow back down to 70, after leaving the town 5 miles behind you go back up to 90 until about 15 miles out of Barstow, again back up to 90 after 5 miles out until Victorville, back down to 70 mph! :lol:

B).............. I know the route well, you do 90 until you see the lights of Bakersfield and slow back down to 70, after leaving the town 5 miles behind you go back up to 90 until about 15 miles out of Barstow, again back up to 90 after 5 miles out until Victorville, back down to 70 mph! :lol:

Someone has it down to an exact science. :P

• Site Administrator

I was doing about ninety with all the traffic between Victorville and Barstow when I saw cop lights come on behind me in the right hand lane :o

Didn't realize the rental vehicle only had the running lights on at night 0:)