Straight guys kissing other guys

Well, read the artcle and the comments too. The article is decent, may be slightly exaggerating the whole thing, but its still quite good. The comments however, are so homophobic and so stodgy. Makes one wonder, how can such people exist in this day and age.

About the kiss thing, ya if girls can do it, why cant boys. A little trivia:- there was a very famous actor, who used to express his love to his full-grown son, who is also an actor, by a kiss on the lips. The actor was not the least gay, nor his son. And it didnt look awkward at all. Infact it sort of signified his total belief in confidence in his own heterosexuality. Well, I will try and post a pic of them.

On a different note, getting kissed on the lips is a very private thing, and I would find it very offending, if someone tried to kiss me on the lips without permission.

Herez 1 comment that I liked the most :-

"I'm old enough to remember when it was considered effeminate and unmanly for men to put on deodorant or aftershave. "The manly tang of real sweat", some said. Well, every man I know wears deodorant these days. I remember when long hair was considered a sign that you weren't a real man, probably a communist, too. Does anybody any longer believe such crap? I remember when earrings or studs were a sign not just that you a raving homo but that you were some kind of dangerous subversive. Once again, does anyone etc. A pink t-shirt was an infallible sign of suspect sexuality.And so on and so on. All these "proofs" that you were or were not a "real man" have been discarded because they were clearly tosh.

Personally, I only kiss my wife on the lips. But I'm getting old and conservative. The whole concept of maleness is shifting, and it wouldn't bother me at all to see two guys kissing or holding hands. After all, they do it all the time on sportsfields. Get over yourselves, all you troglodytes. Just because *you* don't like it, doesn't mean it's wrong. The times they are a-changin', and for the better, too."

Oh gosh guys, this is a no brainer for me.

I come from a huge family of French and Italian folks - we kissed each other on the mouth all the time. It would be weird NOT to. I kiss my male and female friends quite often when I see them - straight and gay. I never thought anything of it.

• Like 1

Oh gosh guys, this is a no brainer for me.

I come from a huge family of French and Italian folks - we kissed each other on the mouth all the time. It would be weird NOT to. I kiss my male and female friends quite often when I see them - straight and gay. I never thought anything of it.

:-)... could not agree more. and if I were a straight guy, I would rather let myself be labelled "gay" for kissing someone, than to "not kiss" just to prove that I am not gay.

• Like 1

Wow - I wish i could see 95% of the british athletes do 100% full blow kissing

I guess its the non-professional leagues

So to see a sustained kiss its 37% x 95% athelete vs 37% x 80% non-athlete

sounds like there's a need to add another factor to see if it appears in public or tv??

I bet with other cultures ... there is retribution to face for having a sustained kiss with a guy ... than a peck ... than to just shake hands

I guess I need to live somewhere else to see this kissing as a norm

--- --- ---

whats-with-all-the-straight-british-high-school-boys-kissing-other-boys

Kissing — or snogging, as the British (and Madonna used to) say — in high school isn't something reserved just for couples in love. It's also a behavior exhibited by perfectly straight blokes who just happen to enjoy the company of their male friends.

Apparently a sign the anti-gay machismo fad of earlier decades is fading, British researchers quizzing 145 university and high school students found 89 percent have kissed on the lips a straight male friend, while 37 percent took part in "sustained" kissing with another man. All of these dudes, meanwhile, identify as straight and didn't see their lip smacks as sexual behavior.

The trend toward male same-sex smooches has skyrocketed in recent years, Anderson said. It began on the professional soccer field, where players often share exuberate kisses after goals. That made kissing between men acceptable for college and high-school players, Anderson said. Then the players took the same behaviors to nights out in pubs, spreading the trend to non-athletes. Despite stereotypes of the homophobic jock, athletes were more likely to have kissed another man than non-athletes. Just over 80 percent of non-athletes had kissed a man, compared with 95 percent of athletes.

Of the guys in the study who hadn't shared a same-sex kiss, all found the practice acceptable. One student who had never kissed another lad joked with the researchers that when he told his friends about the study, they'd probably ensure that his classification changed. That night, Anderson received a text from the student reading, "I'm in the majority now."

The idea that two straight guys can be affectionate with each other in public isn't terribly new: In much of the Middle East and Southeast Asia, straight male friends hold hands and walk down the street with their arms around one another. Then again, much of that behavior isn't looked at as "gay" in these cultures because homosexuality is a hidden, unrecognized abnormality for plenty — a concept so foreign that seeing two men kiss couldn't be considered sexual, because two men are never sexual with each other.

The difference here, of course, is that British high school boys know plenty about The Gay. They've just discovered a more fun alternative to high fives. [Live Science]

Read more: http://www.queerty.c.../#ixzz14XT8Cd9h