Broken by Greedy Algorithm

That was an unusual story in that there were more twists and turns in it than a dodgy valley road. Just when you think you're getting a handle on the story something else ... or should I say someone else... is thrown into the mix.

It is a story that hovers between comedy, tragedy and drama. It was certainly a complex set or relationships and I'm not sure that Daddy and Mummy are going to be able to keep their promise and that the whole thing can be wiped out in one night because a kid asked for it.

The main character was a little too self deprecating and heartaching for me... maybe I'm too morally degenerate for all that guilt. As an aside that's why I dislike Ann Rice's 'Interview With a Vampire' because I spend half of the book wanting to drive a stake through Louis' heart myself.

There were some places where I got a little confused but that might be more of a comment on me than the writing.

At first it felt like the funniest story I've read on GA so far. But the fun only lasted as long as the dream/nightmare. Behind the comic of the situation, there are some real questions about love and faithfulness, unsated sexual urges and respect for one's family.

Like Nephy said, quite an original way to approach this issue. Well done!

I'm not sure that Daddy and Mummy are going to be able to keep their promise and that the whole thing can be wiped out in one night because a kid asked for it.

Thank you Nephy for pointing out. I added a paragraph to make it clearer that the whole thing was a nightmare. The 'next morning' was actually the morning Daddy was supposed to leave for the said business trip.

The main character was a little too self deprecating and heartaching for me.

I love writing self-depreciating characters. :) I find narrating pain is easier than narrating other emotions. Um, when your pain is liked to other people's pain (when you hurt, I hurt), the dynamic is a little different. I've never been a parent myself, so perhaps the character was a bit too extreme. :)

There were some places where I got a little confused

Not sure whether it is a narrative error (not explaining well) or logical error (not giving enough clues). :) But I have to confess my stories are well known for confusing the reader *sighs* -- even my romance stories lol (I use bad metaphors sometimes). Next time, I beg you, please quote the part(s) that confuse you. I'd really appreciate that.

Thank you once again.

• Like 1

there are some real questions about love and faithfulness, unsated sexual urges and respect for one's family.

Thank you for your comments Bleu. There're no estimates on how many seemingly-straight married men have gay sex. And I always wonder what happen to the kids when the wife knows her husband is gay / bi.

I'm not good at writing drama story. So my approach is via mystery (like a detective story) and satire lol. Ah yeah, I love scheming. (sounds evil eh? :P)

I'm delighted you enjoyed the story, mate. :)

• Like 2

hahahahaha--hilariously heart-breaking.

I always wonder what happen to the kids when the wife knows her husband is gay / bi.

I'd say that very much depends on their relationship.

But reading this made me want to ask my own question, something I'm not sure about, can one be passively gay/bi? So, not go out behind the wife's back and cheat on her with other men, but secretly just find guys attractive--likes giving anal sex and being fingered and such, but do nothing more? Or can one only be considered gay/bi if active on it? Okay, so I ask because I did a quick search after reading on how to tell if your husband is gay, and I was surprised at how many websites hinted that if your husband is gay he's actively so--I have the feeling this wouldn't necessarily be the case, but maybe I just don't get something? Curious.

Anyway, I loved the twists that just kept coming in this story. Although it's not the funniest bit, the last section was by far the most powerful--That 'getting on with life- living a lie'. It's just so, so draining. You made it read like a happy ending, but in reality, it's far from it. I liked how this is explored under the surface.

Thanks for the read. :2thumbs:

• Like 1