Tie or Bow Tie?

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you wear when you dress up?

• Tie
    • Bow Tie

Tie. I'm not a fan of the bow tie. If I'm gonna have something around my neck I want it to dangle. Of course if I was gonna wear any kind of tie it'd have to be a clip on because I can't tie a tie to save my life <_<

I wear a tie, because I like them, and because you can make a good fashion statement with them. I only wear bow ties with formal dress (dinner jackets). Even then, I usually like kind of goofy ones, you know, just to sort of sneer at the whole formal-attire thing.

Knowing how to tie a tie is a skill every man should know. I prefer regular ties myself. Bow ties really only go with tuxes, and I'd rather never again be in a penguin suit.

• Site Administrator

After twenty three years of wearing a tie every day to work, I would say tie. Fortunately my new job didn't require a tie and yesterday a note came out from the company president that we will have to start wearing ties to the office as well.

Woe is me :(

• 2 weeks later...

So, guys, when you get dressed up, do you prefer a tie or a bow tie? Me personally, I always wear a tie. I don't like the way bow ties look for some reason.

depends what the dress code is;

black tie = bow tie

formal = tie