Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 64: Slips of the Tongue

ooo... I really want to read those 580 chapters... this chapter is nice... really relaxed pace... Shane seem to be on the ups... but I'm still on the fence about him... can't wait til Trevor meets his mom's family...

This has just been a super story to read. I was excited to see the next chapter posted this morning.

I've sailed the Great Lakes and the Atlantic shoreline, but reading about this tale is more like being actually there. The satellite views and photos are a really plus.

There are so many sub plots going on, it's hard to relax and enjoy Western Australia. I'm looking forward to the druggies slipping up and getting their comeuppance. Thanks for a great tale.

Well, I'm prepared to give Shane the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's not going to be the love of Trev's life (unless he doth protest too much) but I think he's going to be a good friend and a potentially valuable ally against Sanchez's thugs.

Hey ... packing a bag at Bridgets!! She might slip something into the bag that can get through baggage security and hurt Trev - like boom or Hands Up!! not an x-mass gift.

It be bess if the airlines loses their baggage and have to land somewhere else in austrailia like sidney.

That would screw up the bad guys.

Trev has to plan or talk about getting money from joel if he needs it for bumming around aussie land or getting back the florida. Money and International law ... ooo ... or in March do some charters .... Joel can come for spring break!! I wonder if Joel, Shane, and Trev will like each other.

hehe Trev will like these two:

Shane T Smith Contracting - that make them related

Smith's Home Improvements - well Trev needs Atlantis Home Improvements

Smith M M .. ooo what hints does this give??

so will shane an adult who will get caught playing with Trevor the minor - joke

just hope he's BI

I figured he wrote something about Trevor - nice he's proving to be a friend

Will see how it goes between them - looks like there is friendship together but what kind and where it leads is another story esp with sanchez and b & g

It be sad if Shane be hurt or killed - he's a minor\supporting character - potential guy in red (star trek)

Well, I'm prepared to give Shane the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's not going to be the love of Trev's life (unless he doth protest too much) but I think he's going to be a good friend and a potentially valuable ally against Sanchez's thugs.

well they almost look alike ... sanchez bad guys may eliminate shane ... or would shane be the kind of guy who would protect Trev?

Oh, by the way, Vegemite - like its close cousin Marmite - is possibly the most revolting substance ever produced and claimed to be edible... :evil:

I think you are criminally underdescribing how utterly, revolting, foul, distasteful vegemite (which is supposed to be a marmite copy) is. :devil:

They claim it to be edible??? :evil:

I don't know about Shane. He could be totally straight, or he could be trying to hide that he's gay. We haven't been told everything behind why he had to leave home.

Colin B)

I agree, we know nothing about Shane, nor why the townspeople think he is trouble. We do know that Shane typed up a news piece that he trashed in favor of the anonymity Trevor wanted. He also typed up a resume, so it looks like Shane wants more then being a beach bum. I also think Shane was testing Trevor about the girl at the store, very subtle in gauging Trevor. He would have to be dense to not realize that Trevor changed the subject, as he stopped skateboarding and faced Trevor. I think we will get the goat to have them both open up more in the next chapter, I think Trevor will come clean with everything after he gets back out at sea when he rents out the Kookaburra with Shane in tow to visit around Australia, get in some get surfing spots while awaiting for answers to his mother's family whereabouts. I'm pretty sure Trevor doesn't want to stay in one place too long, he still fears for his safety. Hopefully he will not take any charters out, and just be low-key and moving along.

Bridget does not know that the statues of limitations for Dirk end on December 16, or the preferred 17th, with them (Dirk & Jim) both be in meeting and in custody with the police. Will that change her game plan for Joel & Lisa? Remember that Lisa though it strange that Trevor outted himself to Bridget (chap. 55) I checked and Trevor didn't, it was Julie that may have done so. So if Lisa is not the airhead I thought her to be, can she finally start adding up the pieces, Detective Gonzalez's warned her about Bridget but did not give her any clues why. So we have December 21 as the depart date for Joel and maybe Lisa, 4 days after Dirk comes clean, will that enough time to thwart Bridget's & George's plan? Or will Sanchez be ahead of schedule?

I'm going to go on a limb here, Shane and Trevor are going to sail the last part of the voyage as a couple, back to Florida after encountering another attempt at Trevor's life. Sanchez will either give it up or get killed, Bridget and George flee for their lives.

B).............But then again the goat is always full of surprises, wonder if Julie will show up in forthcoming chapters??

Forgot to add, since the stolen gear of Trevor's has been confiscated by the Seychelles authorities, I wonder if having it shipped to Trevor will save him money in the long run for refitting the Atlantis. The news story will no doubt break soon, Trevor needs to get out of there, only solution is to sail away. The cat and mouse game is afoot!

Edited by Benji

Chapter 64 is up. :)

I just caught a goof: I'd originally entered this thread title as Circumnavigation 644: Slips of the Tongue

That would be quite a jump. :lmao:

CJ :)

I think I like Shane! Maybe too early to tell, but I think he's a friend? Maybe more? :wub: We'll see, I guess. I've never heard of that stuff Shane's spreading on toast and I've been in Sidney. 'Course that doesn't mean they attack every tourist with it do they? Wonderful people, the Australians...very kind and willing to help. Strange sense of humor I thought, but then I guess they could have said the same about me! :wacko: Great chapter, I always look forward to each and every one. I know you've got more crap coming Trevor's way, it's the way you do!!!!

I've never heard of that stuff Shane's spreading on toast and I've been in Sidney. 'Course that doesn't mean they attack every tourist with it do they? Wonderful people, the Australians...very kind and willing to help.

Oh, no arguments there - Aussies (and Kiwis for that matter) are amongst the nicest folk you could hope to meet. They just have a blind spot when it comes to vegemite which is, as Red_A so subtly pointed out, one of the most evil substances ever inflicted on the breakfast table. I found little packets of the stuff on tables all over both Australia and New Zealand - the only stain on an otherwise fabulous holiday...

We only have Shane's word for it that he was writing an article which he's torn up, I suppose. I'm inclined to believe him, but his track record is still short and decidedly mixed. That he was writing a resume (which, as an Aussie he'd surely call a CV - no?) is probably more certain - he's definitely all dressed up and is, after all, touting the thing around town with Trevor.

Only time (and the goat) will tell.

Oh, by the way, Vegemite - like its close cousin Marmite - is possibly the most revolting substance ever produced and claimed to be edible... :evil:

I think you are criminally underdescribing how utterly, revolting, foul, distasteful vegemite (which is supposed to be a marmite copy) is. :devil:

They claim it to be edible??? :evil:

A friend of mine bought a jar of Vegemite at a local gourmet(???) shop. We tried it. IMO it's wonderful if your aim is to induce vomiting.

Colin B)

I moved my defense of Vegemite to a separate thread. I even added a recipe. :evil:

ooo... I really want to read those 580 chapters... this chapter is nice... really relaxed pace... Shane seem to be on the ups... but I'm still on the fence about him... can't wait til Trevor meets his mom's family...

Thanks!!!

I actually did some rearranging just prior to posting; the part with Bridget and the brainstorming of what to put in Lisa and Joel's suitcase was originally at the end of the chapter, so I moved it up, so it wouldn't cause any tension at the chapter end. :)

This has just been a super story to read. I was excited to see the next chapter posted this morning.

I've sailed the Great Lakes and the Atlantic shoreline, but reading about this tale is more like being actually there. The satellite views and photos are a really plus.

There are so many sub plots going on, it's hard to relax and enjoy Western Australia. I'm looking forward to the druggies slipping up and getting their comeuppance. Thanks for a great tale.

Hello and Welcome to the forum!!!

Thanks! We'll get to see a good deal of Western Australia. :)

Hey ... packing a bag at Bridgets!! She might slip something into the bag that can get through baggage security and hurt Trev - like boom or Hands Up!! not an x-mass gift.

It be bess if the airlines loses their baggage and have to land somewhere else in austrailia like sidney.

That would screw up the bad guys.

Trev has to plan or talk about getting money from joel if he needs it for bumming around aussie land or getting back the florida. Money and International law ... ooo ... or in March do some charters .... Joel can come for spring break!! I wonder if Joel, Shane, and Trev will like each other.

hehe Trev will like these two:

Shane T Smith Contracting - that make them related

Smith's Home Improvements - well Trev needs Atlantis Home Improvements

Smith M M .. ooo what hints does this give??

so will shane an adult who will get caught playing with Trevor the minor - joke

just hope he's BI

I figured he wrote something about Trevor - nice he's proving to be a friend

Will see how it goes between them - looks like there is friendship together but what kind and where it leads is another story esp with sanchez and b & g

It be sad if Shane be hurt or killed - he's a minor\supporting character - potential guy in red (star trek)

You were right, Shane did start writing about Trevor, and did intend to sell it to the press, but that was before Shane knew that Trevor wanted to keep things quiet. Shane fessed up, even though he still doesn't know why Trevor needs to keep things quiet.

Shane's name, "Shane Rhys", was stolen by me (with permission) from two of the characters (their first names) in Graeme's superb "The Heart of the Tree". :)

I agree, we know nothing about Shane, nor why the townspeople think he is trouble. We do know that Shane typed up a news piece that he trashed in favor of the anonymity Trevor wanted. He also typed up a resume, so it looks like Shane wants more then being a beach bum. I also think Shane was testing Trevor about the girl at the store, very subtle in gauging Trevor. He would have to be dense to not realize that Trevor changed the subject, as he stopped skateboarding and faced Trevor. I think we will get the goat to have them both open up more in the next chapter, I think Trevor will come clean with everything after he gets back out at sea when he rents out the Kookaburra with Shane in tow to visit around Australia, get in some get surfing spots while awaiting for answers to his mother's family whereabouts. I'm pretty sure Trevor doesn't want to stay in one place too long, he still fears for his safety. Hopefully he will not take any charters out, and just be low-key and moving along.

Bridget does not know that the statues of limitations for Dirk end on December 16, or the preferred 17th, with them (Dirk & Jim) both be in meeting and in custody with the police. Will that change her game plan for Joel & Lisa? Remember that Lisa though it strange that Trevor outted himself to Bridget (chap. 55) I checked and Trevor didn't, it was Julie that may have done so. So if Lisa is not the airhead I thought her to be, can she finally start adding up the pieces, Detective Gonzalez's warned her about Bridget but did not give her any clues why. So we have December 21 as the depart date for Joel and maybe Lisa, 4 days after Dirk comes clean, will that enough time to thwart Bridget's & George's plan? Or will Sanchez be ahead of schedule?

I'm going to go on a limb here, Shane and Trevor are going to sail the last part of the voyage as a couple, back to Florida after encountering another attempt at Trevor's life. Sanchez will either give it up or get killed, Bridget and George flee for their lives.

B).............But then again the goat is always full of surprises, wonder if Julie will show up in forthcoming chapters??

Forgot to add, since the stolen gear of Trevor's has been confiscated by the Seychelles authorities, I wonder if having it shipped to Trevor will save him money in the long run for refitting the Atlantis. The news story will no doubt break soon, Trevor needs to get out of there, only solution is to sail away. The cat and mouse game is afoot!

You're right, Trevor never outed himself to Bridget. Bridget has at least one way of knowing; the tapes from the guesthouse. When she claimed Trevor came out to her, she thought Trevor was dead. :)

The stolen and recovered gear... in many cases, such as the electronics, Trevor would be crazy to want it back; it's possibly damaged, and he'd be taking it in lieu of brand new, more advanced stuff that his insurance is paying for. The insurance .co might prefer the option though... For other stuff, the insurance is paying for new stuff, but much would depend on what was recovered; we don't know what was and wasn't yet. :)

I think I like Shane! Maybe too early to tell, but I think he's a friend? Maybe more? :wub: We'll see, I guess. I've never heard of that stuff Shane's spreading on toast and I've been in Sidney. 'Course that doesn't mean they attack every tourist with it do they? Wonderful people, the Australians...very kind and willing to help. Strange sense of humor I thought, but then I guess they could have said the same about me! :wacko: Great chapter, I always look forward to each and every one. I know you've got more crap coming Trevor's way, it's the way you do!!!!

Thanks!!

And, um, what crap Trevor's way? It's all been just fun in the sun and smooth sailing - so far. :)

Oh, no arguments there - Aussies (and Kiwis for that matter) are amongst the nicest folk you could hope to meet. They just have a blind spot when it comes to vegemite which is, as Red_A so subtly pointed out, one of the most evil substances ever inflicted on the breakfast table. I found little packets of the stuff on tables all over both Australia and New Zealand - the only stain on an otherwise fabulous holiday...

We only have Shane's word for it that he was writing an article which he's torn up, I suppose. I'm inclined to believe him, but his track record is still short and decidedly mixed. That he was writing a resume (which, as an Aussie he'd surely call a CV - no?) is probably more certain - he's definitely all dressed up and is, after all, touting the thing around town with Trevor.

Only time (and the goat) will tell.

Shane... I can't say much without giving spoilers, but... hrmm, he did volunteer to Trevor that he'd written about him.

Will Shane try to be helpful and set Trevor up with the girl? :)

This is a great story. I too love the many sub-plots. I'm worried about Lisa and Joel and Bridget's plans for them. But why would she plant drugs in their suitcases? Logically, Trevor might go to the airport in Perth to meet them, but killing someone in an airport would be much more difficult / risky for the killer than shooting Trevor on an open road in a small town. And if Lisa and Joel were arrested, Trevor might go to the police station or to the court house / prison to see them and arrange for them to get a lawyer, but these would be improbable locations for an assasination attempt.

I hope that the relationship between Shane and Trevor countinues to deepen and I'm also hoping that they get to travel around Western Australia. I'm looking forward to future chapters. Thank you.

Edited by falling into the story

I hope that the relationship between Shane and Trevor countinues to deepen and I'm also hoping that they get to travel around Western Australia. I'm looking forward to future chapters. Thank you.

Its a good question if Shane could get Trevor to stop stressing about Atlantis ... until she's on her way to being rebuilt ... Trevor won't leave her ... I bet he wants to be there for her every step of the way.

Its whats left of his mother's legacy to him. Its hard to part with to go galloping around to see sites.

Perhaps Shane or someone can convince him to go ... as to avoid the press ... its still multiple paths of substories meeting to a point ... if Lisa, Joel, Trevor and Shane can be together to go see the sites it be great way to get Trevor to not worry about Atlantis for a week ... but then in the mean time the murder attempt be plausible because they are out in the open .... they do hunt in austrailia ... a simple knock off would just widen the investigation to more of an international conspiracy that sanchez doesn't realize its brewing ... to an investigation.

Some how that cop will hear of the truth ... Trevor does have to call him some time ... and tell him what happen while Lisa and Joel are there ... or two weeks before hand.

I'm sure the cop will be asking Lisa and Joel if he has arrived or not.

Its a good question if Shane could get Trevor to stop stressing about Atlantis ... until she's on her way to being rebuilt ... Trevor won't leave her ... I bet he wants to be there for her every step of the way.

Its whats left of his mother's legacy to him. Its hard to part with to go galloping around to see sites.

Perhaps Shane or someone can convince him to go ... as to avoid the press ... its still multiple paths of substories meeting to a point ... if Lisa, Joel, Trevor and Shane can be together to go see the sites it be great way to get Trevor to not worry about Atlantis for a week ... but then in the mean time the murder attempt be plausible because they are out in the open .... they do hunt in austrailia ... a simple knock off would just widen the investigation to more of an international conspiracy that sanchez doesn't realize its brewing ... to an investigation.

Some how that cop will hear of the truth ... Trevor does have to call him some time ... and tell him what happen while Lisa and Joel are there ... or two weeks before hand.

B).............Ok, what do we know? That the insurance company will pay for another boat but not hotel (sometimes I wonder about those insurance people :wacko: ) 2nd we know that Trevor still fears of his safety and cannot stay in one place too long, and defiantly not alone this time if he chooses to go back to sea, so the obvious is to set sail aboard a rented lagoon 57 that is complete with a cabin boy 0:) .... Yep sailing up and down some of Australia's shores for some great surf and attractions while waiting for Joel and Lisa to arrive. The only question is the time line, will he beat the reporters and Sanchez's people before departing? Will the townspeople keep their mouths shut out of protectionism or the fact they don't like nosy people? I wonder if Trevor's relatives have someone in the family that has the like of ....dare I say it!!!! Crocodile Dundee?? :lmao:

B).............Ok, what do we know? That the insurance company will pay for another boat but not hotel (sometimes I wonder about those insurance people :wacko: ) 2nd we know that Trevor still fears of his safety and cannot stay in one place too long, and defiantly not alone this time if he chooses to go back to sea, so the obvious is to set sail aboard a rented lagoon 57 that is complete with a cabin boy 0:) .... Yep sailing up and down some of Australia's shores for some great surf and attractions while waiting for Joel and Lisa to arrive. The only question is the time line, will he beat the reporters and Sanchez's people before departing? Will the townspeople keep their mouths shut out of protectionism or the fact they don't like nosy people? I wonder if Trevor's relatives have someone in the family that has the like of ....dare I say it!!!! Crocodile Dundee?? :lmao:

Whouldn't it be a CJ kind of turn of events if the boat he rents happens to be another Lagoon 55 and then Trev finds documentation aboard that it was previously named Aries.

This is a great story. I too love the many sub-plots. I'm worried about Lisa and Joel and Bridget's plans for them. But why would she plant drugs in their suitcases? Logically, Trevor might go to the airport in Perth to meet them, but killing someone in an airport would be much more difficult / risky for the killer than shooting Trevor on an open road in a small town. And if Lisa and Joel were arrested, Trevor might go to the police station or to the court house / prison to see them and arrange for them to get a lawyer, but these would be improbable locations for an assasination attempt.

I hope that the relationship between Shane and Trevor continues to deepen and I'm also hoping that they get to travel around Western Australia. I'm looking forward to future chapters. Thank you.

Thanks you, and welcome to the forum! :2thumbs:

We;ll learn more about Bridget's plans very soon, but in the scene you mentioned, she's just brainstorming options, and the drugs and tracker seem to them to be be mutually exclusive; one or the other. You're right, killing someone in an airport would indeed be problematic on many levels.

I hope I can say this without it being a spoiler, but we'll definitely be seeing some of the wonderful sights of Western Australia. :)

Perhaps Shane or someone can convince him to go ... as to avoid the press ... its still multiple paths of substories meeting to a point ... if Lisa, Joel, Trevor and Shane can be together to go see the sites it be great way to get Trevor to not worry about Atlantis for a week ... but then in the mean time the murder attempt be plausible because they are out in the open .... they do hunt in Australia ... a simple knock off would just widen the investigation to more of an international conspiracy that sanchez doesn't realize its brewing ... to an investigation.

Great point on Trevor and Atlantis. Trevor would be far safer staying away, but would he leave Atlantis to keep himself safe?

Lol, the insurance issue is taken from real life (as are the policy details, which I got by checking real policies commonly issued to charter boat operators) and yep, incomprehensible, but real. I've seen similar things occur, such as in cases of a destroyed RV. The insurance rejected the cheaper option of a hotel.

Whouldn't it be a CJ kind of turn of events if the boat he rents happens to be another Lagoon 55 and then Trev finds documentation aboard that it was previously named Aries.

That gives me a chance to address the coincidence issue; unless there's a good explanation for it, having a huge coincidence in a story isn't a good thing to do, it hurts plausibility. For Trevor to just blunder into Ares, there would have to be a reason as to how. Doesn't mean he won't, but there would have to be explanations as to why. :)

I forgot to announce the next chapter, hopefully (internet willing) posting in a few hours, is "Knowledge is Power".

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..