9.0 Magnitude Earthquake hits Japan

These are two of the many videos on YouTube that got to me.

In this first one, you get an idea of how massive the wall of water is as it spills over the tsunami wall. Looking at the cars, the wall had to be over ten feet tall and the water breached it easily. Then at :48 you see cars moving in the background, unaware it seems what is about to hit them. It is so tragic it is indescribable because it was so preventable.

In this one, if you blink, you miss the guy in the very beginning who looks like he is casually loading the back of a van as the first water reaches him and the car that turns left, just in front of the water. Higher ground was just around the corner so you hope they got to it.

The last bit is the huge amount of debris that is floating towards the US including the gruesome prospect of human remains.

The vast field of debris from Japan earthquake and tsunami that's floating towards U.S. West Coast

In reference to that second link, low buoyancy objects like human body parts are highly unlikely to stay afloat for years, and the amount of random motion involved in water flow will have what wreckage does stay afloat so greatly dispersed that no one will likely make any connection when small bits of wood do wash up somewhere.

In reference to that second link, low buoyancy objects like human body parts are highly unlikely to stay afloat for years, and the amount of random motion involved in water flow will have what wreckage does stay afloat so greatly dispersed that no one will likely make any connection when small bits of wood do wash up somewhere.

Actually it was in the third link and I think the researcher said the shoes would keep the buoyancy and we have never seen this amount of debris thrown into open ocean currents at one time before.

I would think storms and swells, etc. would break them up, but Charles Ebbesmeyer seems to be the expert. I guess time will tell.

Actually it was in the third link and I think the researcher said the shoes would keep the buoyancy and we have never seen this amount of debris thrown into open ocean currents at one time before.

I would think storms and swells, etc. would break them up, but Charles Ebbesmeyer seems to be the expert. I guess time will tell.

There is still debris in the indian ocean from the last tsunami ... like no one has clean up the big trees that are a navigation hazzard for small vessels