[Hamen Cheese] Charlie

This one of those stories where I wished I never started reading it. Not only is Derek the most self-centered piece of "S" I've seen in fiction but he's also one of the most captivating.

I'm not sure how you did that but it's a good thing.

Derek is basically a very tortured soul, which we've seen in this latest chapter. Talk about repression and denial. The way you've weaved this quite suspenseful tale is rather remarkable. I love the frequent blackouts it adds a layer of mystery that I can't wait to figure out.

I first thought Derek, back after chapter three, was talking to a shrink. I assumed that he did something violent to Charlie and they were evaluating his sanity. But after the latest chapter, I think it might be a police officer he's telling the story too.

My guess is his father tried to hurt Charlie and Derek stopped him...either prevention or by termination.

Again, I wish I never started this story until after it is finished, the waiting is driving me crazy.

Jason

PS: I'm writing this review on my phone so sorry about any typos

• Like 1

Now, I guess it's the time for the beginning of the end.

You are a legendary writer, you know that, Hamen? You started with a basic drama story. Got us enveloped in feelings of friendship, love and family and then added a tinge of comedy to it. It was all great to read and very enjoyable.

Now, there is so much more to it. Now it's also a story about betrayal, break-up, depression, thrill, suspense and other such things that I hadn't expected at all when I first started reading it.

What's surprising is that, the story hasn't lost one fan, it's gained many more. Most of us wait for your weekly postings and although I always get to read what I don't expect, I'm never dissatisfied. It doesn't cease to surprise me that you come up with the most unexpected twists and yet, it remains one of my most favourite stories on this site.

Who says some element of romance or sex is necessary to keep a story going? You proved everyone who believed that wrong.

Much love,

Tara

• Like 1

This one of those stories where I wished I never started reading it. Not only is Derek the most self-centered piece of "S" I've seen in fiction but he's also one of the most captivating.

I'm not sure how you did that but it's a good thing.

Derek is basically a very tortured soul, which we've seen in this latest chapter. Talk about repression and denial. The way you've weaved this quite suspenseful tale is rather remarkable. I love the frequent blackouts it adds a layer of mystery that I can't wait to figure out.

I first thought Derek, back after chapter three, was talking to a shrink. I assumed that he did something violent to Charlie and they were evaluating his sanity. But after the latest chapter, I think it might be a police officer he's telling the story too.

My guess is his father tried to hurt Charlie and Derek stopped him...either prevention or by termination.

Again, I wish I never started this story until after it is finished, the waiting is driving me crazy.

Jason

PS: I'm writing this review on my phone so sorry about any typos

You are most welcome to wish that you never started reading it... just so long as you never stop reading it now that you have. :D

When I started writing Charlie, I had two intentions in mind: write a story and relationship unlike most other stories here and take my readers to a roller coaster ride of emotions. I'm glad those goals are being met (at least i think they are). Hehe. My greatest fear when I started writing Derek's character was that people would hate him too quickly and drop the story before it ever reached the point that they would actually stop hating him and start feeling something totally unexpected... I'm glad so many have not have given into that (including you of course!). :D

The person Derek is talking to won't be revealed until the very last chapter. Given how close we are to the end, it's likely you've already met him/her. ;)

On the bright side, I've been more or less studious in releasing a chapter every Tuesday (I've missed a week or so due to work). At least you more or less know when something's coming out rather than with other stories where it may or may not continue again soon. Hehehe. I feel I owe that to my readers.

Best regards,

HC

I look forward to each chapter. Thanks for writing for us. I want more. I'll go back and check out your other stories now. T

I'm glad to hear that srchr35! My only other novel length story is Adamagika: The Spirit Within (my first ever story really). I'm actually intending to write a story related to that one once I'm done to Charlie. Check it out and tell me how you find it. :)

Ben Goes to the Zoo seems to be another popular one (my one and only Anthology entry to date). I had another one I started writing but I didn't feel it by the time I was halfway through so I scrapped it. Maybe some day I'll get back to that.

The picture on my signature below brings you to all my stories by the way (though I'm sure you've found them all by now). :)

Best regards,

HC

Now, I guess it's the time for the beginning of the end.

You are a legendary writer, you know that, Hamen? You started with a basic drama story. Got us enveloped in feelings of friendship, love and family and then added a tinge of comedy to it. It was all great to read and very enjoyable.

Now, there is so much more to it. Now it's also a story about betrayal, break-up, depression, thrill, suspense and other such things that I hadn't expected at all when I first started reading it.

What's surprising is that, the story hasn't lost one fan, it's gained many more. Most of us wait for your weekly postings and although I always get to read what I don't expect, I'm never dissatisfied. It doesn't cease to surprise me that you come up with the most unexpected twists and yet, it remains one of my most favourite stories on this site.

Who says some element of romance or sex is necessary to keep a story going? You proved everyone who believed that wrong.

Much love,

Tara

Thanks Tara! Though I wouldn't go so far as using legendary to describe me. There are leagues of creative writers here deserving that description who would crucify me if they found out. Hehehe. Either way, I'm glad and flattered you did. :D

I'm happy to hear you like the healthy mix in the story. It was exciting writing it all coming together and I'm glad my efforts didn't go to waste.

And yes, I'm glad you and others are liking it even if it doesn't have any sex. Haha.

Cheers.

HC

I love this story! HamenCheese! I <3 u too!

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Wonder what happened with the jacket that got the blood on it!

Will Derek and Charlie even get together? :o:O!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Tara! Though I wouldn't go so far as using legendary to describe me. There are leagues of creative writers here deserving that description who would crucify me if they found out.

Psshh!! You think I haven't read other stories? I read a LOT. I don't even wanna begin enumerating them or I'll take the whole day. =P I really meant what I said. So just take the compliment and revel in the joy and enlightenment of being awesome. =P

• Like 1

I love this story! HamenCheese! I <3 u too!

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Wonder what happened with the jacket that got the blood on it!

Will Derek and Charlie even get together? Posted Image:o!!!!

Thanks auel! I'm afraid I can't answer your questions without giving the story away. Hehe.

I'll try my best to get the next chapter out by tomorrow. I'm afraid I was really busy over the weekend and didn't get much time to write. =/

Psshh!! You think I haven't read other stories? I read a LOT. I don't even wanna begin enumerating them or I'll take the whole day. =P I really meant what I said. So just take the compliment and revel in the joy and enlightenment of being awesome. =P

Haha. Well, thank you then. :P

HC,

I'm going to say this with full knowledge you will neither confirm nor deny, but when I stopped reading - for baby related reasons, not story content ones, I had this sinking feeling that Charlie's not long for this world. That because of something Derek's done, something really bad is going to happen to Charlie. Now I hope not, but that is the foreshadowing you left me with.

Maybe that will change as I read the remaining chapters and catch up, but there is a real sense of dread on my part as I keep reading.

Andy

HC,

I'm going to say this with full knowledge you will neither confirm nor deny, but when I stopped reading - for baby related reasons, not story content ones, I had this sinking feeling that Charlie's not long for this world. That because of something Derek's done, something really bad is going to happen to Charlie. Now I hope not, but that is the foreshadowing you left me with.

Maybe that will change as I read the remaining chapters and catch up, but there is a real sense of dread on my part as I keep reading.

Andy

Well, it's never too late for me to re-write the unreleased chapters but for the sake of humoring you...

If you're not Andy, do not read what's in the spoiler.

I know you're not Andy so why'd you click? I'm telling you to stop.

Really, you should stop it right now!

I'm warning you, non-Andy person!

THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE!!!

Let me put it this way, if someone was going to die in my stories, I would leave hints along the way suggesting just that...

The question now is... did I leave any hints suggesting that in this story? Posted Image

- HC

• Like 4

Well, it's never too late for me to re-write the unreleased chapters but for the sake of humoring you...

If you're not Andy, do not read what's in the spoiler.

I know you're not Andy so why'd you click? I'm telling you to stop.

Really, you should stop it right now!

I'm warning you, non-Andy person!

THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE!!!

Let me put it this way, if someone was going to die in my stories, I would leave hints along the way suggesting just that...

The question now is... did I leave any hints suggesting that in this story? Posted Image

- HC

Lmfao.....oh Hamen Posted Image ;p

Also...I can't remember you telling me that we'd have to wait 2 chapters for some Charlie action....maybe cause you didn't :P

Edited by Anya

Lmfao.....oh Hamen Posted Image ;p

Also...I can't remember you telling me that we'd have to wait 2 chapters for some Charlie action....maybe cause you didn't Posted Image

Oh sorry, I must have replied it to one of the other reviews. I know I said it once or twice. Hehe.

Too funny - nicely done. It deserves more than one 'like', but they won't let me do more. Posted Image

Haha. Thanks. One is more than enough. :D

Ahhh. Another great chapter T_T An amazing read, as usual!

Just curious, how many chapters do we have left till the end?

Hey auel. Just eight more chapters to go and "Charlie" will be officially over. :)

ARG! Ahhhhhhh. The ending, feels like a mighty cliffhanger. Arg ARGGG!

I wanna know what happens next! Poor Derek, not catching a break. It'd totally be nice to see him lose some arrogance, but it might all be over. He really does have some anger control issues huh.

BTW, the link to this thread in the last 2 chapters is broken i think.

Can't wait for the next installment, let it come soon please T_T

ARG! Ahhhhhhh. The ending, feels like a mighty cliffhanger. Arg ARGGG!

I wanna know what happens next! Poor Derek, not catching a break. It'd totally be nice to see him lose some arrogance, but it might all be over. He really does have some anger control issues huh.

BTW, the link to this thread in the last 2 chapters is broken i think.

Can't wait for the next installment, let it come soon please T_T

Things will all come together soon (hopefully). Hehehe.

Thanks for reporting the link issue. I'll try and check it out later when I get back from work.

And if you feel that this chapter ended in a cliffhanger, you might just throw dirty laundry at me for how the next chapter ends... :P

There seemed to be a problem with the last chapter I posted. It didn't show up in "Recent Story Updates" like my other chapters usually did. Anyone got a notification indicating the story was updated?

Yes, I got the notification that the story was updated.

By the way, I LOVE this story, I can hardly wait to see what happens to Luke.Posted Image

Hamen, I understand you're very human. But, but you should understand that your fans are very much humans too. Why end it like that? The final chapter of Part 3 just about gave me a heart attack. I am worried, scared , hyper-ventilating right now. What I'm not, is hopeful. I don't see how Derek can convince Charlie that he wasn't involved with Luke and the rift between them is killing me. But then again, you always surprise me with things I could never imagine even in my wildest dreams.

I can't tell you how much I feel for Derek. The situation for him is kind of like 'damned if he does, damned if he doesn't'. He is caught up in the tide so bad, he can't do anything to save himself.

Charlie is in love with Derek and the betrayal could kill him emotionally and that's more painful than any physical abuse that Luke could have inflicted on him. I hate the situation and I want to stop reading sometimes. It's just not getting better. Every chapter just makes things even worse (when I assume it can't get any worse than that).

I love the way you write and I love your commitment to this story. Kudos, Hamen. I NEED more of Charlie. No pressure, though. We love you and we want you to deliver your best 'cause that's the best anything can get (at least for me). :)

Tara.