[Hamen Cheese] Charlie

Hamen, I understand you're very human. But, but you should understand that your fans are very much humans too. Why end it like that? The final chapter of Part 3 just about gave me a heart attack. I am worried, scared , hyper-ventilating right now. What I'm not, is hopeful. I don't see how Derek can convince Charlie that he wasn't involved with Luke and the rift between them is killing me. But then again, you always surprise me with things I could never imagine even in my wildest dreams.

I can't tell you how much I feel for Derek. The situation for him is kind of like 'damned if he does, damned if he doesn't'. He is caught up in the tide so bad, he can't do anything to save himself.

Charlie is in love with Derek and the betrayal could kill him emotionally and that's more painful than any physical abuse that Luke could have inflicted on him. I hate the situation and I want to stop reading sometimes. It's just not getting better. Every chapter just makes things even worse (when I assume it can't get any worse than that).

I love the way you write and I love your commitment to this story. Kudos, Hamen. I NEED more of Charlie. No pressure, though. We love you and we want you to deliver your best 'cause that's the best anything can get (at least for me). Posted Image

Tara.

I had apprehensions regarding the last few chapters of the story. I know it's pretty much action packed (and every single chapter until the very end will be action packed). You know the characters pretty well by now. There are still a few more surprises along the way including some pretty heavy stuff. For everyone's benefit though, I have downplayed some of them simply because some might be sensitive to the issues involved.

That's part of the reason I've asked for some help for Part 4. Part 3 was much more emotionally heavy than I originally intended. Part 4 was supposed to be (and I think still is) the most emotionally heavy part of the story. The problem is that Part 3 carried such a heavy burden for Derek that Part 4's events might be overkill. I'm hoping (with the help I've asked) that I'll be able to determine if the events of part 4 are reasonable. My personal perspective might be biased because from the moment I started writing, I already knew how it would end. So I knew, for example, if it was a happy ending or not. You (as the readers) do not. And short of giving away the ending, I'm always worried that too many bad things happened and not enough good.

This story was actually written as a comedy (though many of you might not agree after what you've read). I'm hoping that by the time all this is over, you still get a few laughs out of it and leave with that light feeling that everyone gets when everything turned out well in the end. ;)

This is by far the best story i've read on here, probably some of the best writing i've read period. I'm always on the edge of my seat with this story and i had to read this last chapter twice to truly appreciate it because i practically skimmed over it at 150mph the first time, just to know what happened! I can't wait until the end and yet i never want it to end, i don't know what i'll do with my tuesdays after charlie, lol.

Thanks for sharing your wicked skills with us and i hope you can find the time to publish again soon - i can't imagine how busy you must get publishing every week, i struggle to arrange my life as it is and i'm not even that busy :-)

I love this story. I new I should have waited until it's finished to read it because I hate cliffhangers lol... Can't wait till fourth part premiers, I read your chapters at work every Tuesday and get in trouble for being on my phone. lol can't help it this series is so addicting!!

This is by far the best story i've read on here, probably some of the best writing i've read period. I'm always on the edge of my seat with this story and i had to read this last chapter twice to truly appreciate it because i practically skimmed over it at 150mph the first time, just to know what happened! I can't wait until the end and yet i never want it to end, i don't know what i'll do with my tuesdays after charlie, lol.

Thanks for sharing your wicked skills with us and i hope you can find the time to publish again soon - i can't imagine how busy you must get publishing every week, i struggle to arrange my life as it is and i'm not even that busy :-)

Thank you BB Shroom! Those are very high praises and it makes me feel great to hear them from you. :)

I'm planning to start on another story soon after Charlie - and no, it won't be the sequel. :P It may or may not be related to my other novel Adamagika: The Spirit Within. I have two stories in mind right now and I'm trying to decide which I should start on first. Both are in the fantasy genre.

Thanks again (especially for leaving a comment)! :D

I love this story. I new I should have waited until it's finished to read it because I hate cliffhangers lol... Can't wait till fourth part premiers, I read your chapters at work every Tuesday and get in trouble for being on my phone. lol can't help it this series is so addicting!!

Yeah, sorry about the cliffies. Unfortunately, as I wrote the last part of Charlie, there was a few more. Haha.

I actually read stories on my phone at work also. Hehe. That's why I'm sorely tempted to upgrade my phone with a tiny LCD screen to an iPhone - classy and better for reading! It's not like we have work to do at work, right? :P

• Like 1

Awww (T_T) What a horrible cliffhanger. (T_T) I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight. Or at least not without nightmares (T_T)

Working with some talented people to bring you the best possible Charlie experience that money... err, my gratitude can buy. :)

LOL. :) I really want to say "It's okay, take your time," because it's been a veeeeeeery GOOD story, but I had insomnia, going to bed still thinking about the story since I last read the cliffhanger (Friday) that I really just want to know what happened next, ASAP (T_T) I'll DIE of stress and worry (T_T). Then again, I might also die knowing what happened next. (T_T)

LOL. Posted Image I really want to say "It's okay, take your time," because it's been a veeeeeeery GOOD story, but I had insomnia, going to bed still thinking about the story since I last read the cliffhanger (Friday) that I really just want to know what happened next, ASAP (T_T) I'll DIE of stress and worry (T_T). Then again, I might also die knowing what happened next. (T_T)

So sorry Aximili. It won't be too long (hopefully). A few things come to mind that might help you sleep... :P

If you thought that was bad...you got another thing coming Posted Image

Sorry Hamen...i just had to brag a little about knowing how the story ends =( XD

Sush you! I might just re-write the ending and surprise you. ;)

So sorry Aximili. It won't be too long (hopefully). A few things come to mind that might help you sleep... Posted Image

Sush you! I might just re-write the ending and surprise you. Posted Image

oh no.. this means it's not going to be a happy ending....

=((((((((((((((((

oh no.. this means it's not going to be a happy ending....

=((((((((((((((((

Maybe. Maybe not. I can't spoil that for you. At this point, none of the beta readers know how I've changed the ending (though I'm sure some can guess). I just hope I can cover the grammar and spelling errors that I may have created. Posted Image

Also, the next chapter of Charlie is coming out next week (December 6). :)

Wheres my CHARLIEEEEEE....

I want my CHARLIEEEEE fix, I need my CHARLIEEEE fix....

*spasms in the floor because of withdrawal symptoms*

ne-ee-eeed... cha..lie......... *gasp*

You know, when I saw (Part 1), I knew I was going to be very sad at the end of the chapter...

... I wasn't disappointed. Posted Image

*prays for a happy ending*

ps. the link to the thread at the end of the chapter isn't working again

Edited by auel

You know, when I saw (Part 1), I knew I was going to be very sad at the end of the chapter...

... I wasn't disappointed. Posted Image

*prays for a happy ending*

ps. the link to the thread at the end of the chapter isn't working again

At least you were prepared for it. :P

And thanks again for the link. With all the editing I was doing for the story, I overlooked that when I posted the chapter. It should be working again now. :)

Timelines will be the death of me, I'm sure. So help me out here. In this latest chapter, am I correct in assuming that Derek is narrating this event as he is "now" - now being whan the story is essentially over? The Derek in the story proper has repressed this memory and remains in this state as of the end of Part 3. Am I correct in this?

Please tell me I'm right or my brain will implode/explode all at once. Very scary.....and very messy! Lie if you have to. Posted Image

Another thing on my mind, but no where near as perilous, is exactly what did Derek have in mind once he got Charlie and himself to The Spot? Is he expecting Nurse Nellie to be standing there with sponges and antibiotics to treat his nether regions?

That aside, wasn't that a completely selfless act on Derek's part? To bring Charlie to the only place he was sure Charlie would be safe - safe from his own father. Made me tear up. It's so much easier to understand why Charlie hasn't given up on Derek. Charlie was there. He heard all the crap coming from Derek's father's mouth. He saw Derek after his father's assault. Then to have Derek only be concerned for his safety. How could he not love this boy unconditionally in return?

Did Charlie tell his mom, Mrs. C, about all this? I think he did.

Timelines will be the death of me, I'm sure. So help me out here. In this latest chapter, am I correct in assuming that Derek is narrating this event as he is "now" - now being whan the story is essentially over? The Derek in the story proper has repressed this memory and remains in this state as of the end of Part 3. Am I correct in this?

Please tell me I'm right or my brain will implode/explode all at once. Very scary.....and very messy! Lie if you have to. Posted Image

The Forgotten Door (Parts One and Two) are flashbacks. They are the memories he remembered at the very end pf Part Three. The story continues from that point the moment the flashbacks are done. Posted Image

Another thing on my mind, but no where near as perilous, is exactly what did Derek have in mind once he got Charlie and himself to The Spot? Is he expecting Nurse Nellie to be standing there with sponges and antibiotics to treat his nether regions?

That aside, wasn't that a completely selfless act on Derek's part? To bring Charlie to the only place he was sure Charlie would be safe - safe from his own father. Made me tear up. It's so much easier to understand why Charlie hasn't given up on Derek. Charlie was there. He heard all the crap coming from Derek's father's mouth. He saw Derek after his father's assault. Then to have Derek only be concerned for his safety. How could he not love this boy unconditionally in return?

Three things:

First, The Spot was (to Derek) the only safe place in Derek's mind. He didn't care what happened to him as long as he could bring Charlie somewhere safe.

Second, Derek never said out loud that he was bringing Charlie to The Spot for the latter's safety. He was thinking it, yes. But he never said it. A little more of the next chapter would help explain this. Posted Image

Third, who's Nurse Nellie? lol

Did Charlie tell his mom, Mrs. C, about all this? I think he did.

I'm afraid I can't answer that... yet. Posted Image

I hate you. Cuz I'm going to cry.

I hate you for writings this chapter.

I love you for making me FEEL something.

I love you for making this so raw.

I love you for taking me places where I don't want to go, (that's not suggesting that I've experienced anything like this).

I hate you. I love you.

Good flippin' job!