Being a Gay. Is that a choice?

In the end, it's not just who you're attracted to. I think it's about who you fall in love with. Of course, everyone is different and everyone's situation is different, even though there are certain patterns.

That's not even close to being me in the pic lol. It's a pic of a tennis player with stunning eyes and probably the only woman I'd ever go straight for.

In any case, I find him or her attractive. I can find as attractive some girls, as well as some boys. But I do not find attracted all types of faces. I can find that some faces or some bodies are not sexy to me. I suppose this must be general.

But some actors and actresses of Hollywood look sexy for huge crowds. I do not find sexy all of them, either male or female.

In the end, it's not just who you're attracted to. I think it's about who you fall in love with. Of course, everyone is different and everyone's situation is different, even though there are certain patterns.

I think that to fall in love is a different condition to feeling lust. One can feel lust many times in his life, with many different people, but we rarely fall in love that often. For to fall in love is a more rare condition than feeling lust.

I suppose many of us, had felt lust for many different persons, either male or female.

No one in his right mind would subject themselves to a life of discrimination and hate if it was a choice. Not even in my home country and I live in the Netherlands (one of the most liberal countries when it is about gay rights).

Everyone who says they chose to be gay are either lying or need psychiatric care. Besides, Prof. dr. Dick Swaab from the Netherlands proved being gay was associated with anatomical changes in the human brain (gay men resemble straight women and gay women resemble straight men in their brain anatomy) which means it must be genetic. Or at least there must be a hormonal component.

For me personally realising I was gay made so much sense to me. All of a sudden my entire childhood and puberty made sense :-)

Well, I always make the distinction between "being gay" and "being homosexual." It's my opinion that being gay is a choice, but being homosexual more or less just happens.

I think "gay" is best described as the social and cultural condition of living as a same sex attracted person. Being homosexual simply refers to the attraction itself. At least that's how I define and use the terms. One can't really change the hand they're dealt, but if they want to enjoy playing with it - well that's a choice.

Eh, just my thoughts :)

-Kevin