Being a Gay. Is that a choice?

We are gay because our genes have made us so... therefore don't fight it, you won't win...

I tried marriage with a woman. It lasted 16 years and I have two wonderful daughters... so something really good came out of the experience but it ended badly...

After a few gay "affairs" I found the right guy.. We are married now and have lived together over 20 years..

Our families are fine with it.... ( they have little choice really, a case of accept or............)

Being gay means that we are in the minority although in todays world as more and more well known persons are being open about their gayness I hope that within the next couple of decades we shall become even more accepted.

I often wonder what the percentage gay to hetro is and if any of it is hereditary!

Sorry that I was born 40 years too soon!...Posted Image

I think it should be pretty obvious that the feelings someone have are not a choice, it defies logic that they would be given how much garbage someone who is gay has to put up with. Why would someone choose it?

• Like 1

Why would someone choose it?

While I completely agree that it's not a choice and people are the way they are I've known people who "chose" to be "gay" as a teenage rebellion thing. So that's one reason someone would choose it. A really stupid reason though.

If it was a choice, I never would have ever chose it back when I started to realize that I had same-sex attractions. It caused a lot of personal problems for myself due to the fact that I didn't grow up in the most gay-friendly area. It goes against common sense to think that a person would choose to be gay, considering all the shit that we have to deal with because of it.

Nope, I believe that I was born this way. Initially I tried to fight it, but I soon realized that it would be a losing battle. And seeing as how my one clumsy attempt at hetero sex had to involve alcohol, I am firmly convinced that I have zero attraction to women (in that way).

(yes, I wore a rubber, so no, I do not have any kids, LOL) Posted Image

Nope, I believe that I was born this way. Initially I tried to fight it, but I soon realized that it would be a losing battle. And seeing as how my one clumsy attempt at hetero sex had to involve alcohol, I am firmly convinced that I have zero attraction to women (in that way).

(yes, I wore a rubber, so no, I do not have any kids, LOL) Posted Image

You have entered the vag cave??? :o

Absolutely not a choice, we are who we are, we cant help who we like or who we fall in love with.

How do you explain bi-sexual people though? They make a choice in the end to be with a man or a women, while us gays make a choice to which man we'll sleep with/be with.

You have entered the vag cave??? :o

I am not part of that club ;) At least I don't think so unless someone slipped me date rape. They'd have too :P Pussy is petrifying to me.

They make a choice in the end to be with a man or a women, while us gays make a choice to which man we'll sleep with/be with.

Did you chose who you fell in love with? I'm guessing it would be the same for bi people, they might chose to have sex with both genders with people who attract them, and have hetero and gay relationships, but you can't really chose who you will fall in love with just by looking at them

Did you chose who you fell in love with? I'm guessing it would be the same for bi people, they might chose to have sex with both genders with people who attract them, and have hetero and gay relationships, but you can't really chose who you will fall in love with just by looking at them

So you don't believe in love at first sight then?

I don't really know.

Sometimes I feel like I was born with the trait, I was actually obsessed with a boy since kindergarten days.

Other times I feel it may in influenced by my environment, either way it's not really a conscious choice.

what really puzzles me is why are some obsessed with it being a choice or not? it doesn't seem matter to me because even if it is a choice, it's a choice affecting my life and perhaps a few consensual others.

It does not directly affect anyone else. And we should have the right to make that choice, like any other choice in our lives.

No, I don't believe that you can fall in love purely by their looks

And for being is gay a choice? No to that as well

I don't think it's a choice to be gay. Sometimes I wonder about bi-sexual people and how it works. I know a couple bi men who realy want to be with men, but are scared to come out of the closet and live the gay life .So they got married and have kids. And they cheat on their wifes with gay guys who are young. Not saying that's wrong or right, but isn't that messed up.

I think it's looks that ignite interest. I mean you see a fit guy, who's well dressed and groomed walking down the street or an overweight, just grabbed some clothes and headed out the door. Who would you hit on? Think about it..

I think it's looks that ignite interest. I mean you see a fit guy, who's well dressed and groomed walking down the street or an overweight, just grabbed some clothes and headed out the door. Who would you hit on? Think about it..

I wouldn't hit on either of them.... cause their you know.... men :mellow:

I wouldn't hit on either of them.... cause their you know.... men :mellow:

Well if it was a WOMEN. Who was in shape dressed well, heels, perfume. And an overweight women, with a t shirt and jeans. Smelled bad. Who'd you go for? Attraction does matter..at first.

Well if it was a WOMEN. Who was in shape dressed well, heels, perfume. And an overweight women, with a t shirt and jeans. Smelled bad. Who'd you go for? Attraction does matter..at first.

:off: but I need to answer you

both, but I would prefer an overweight woman since just because someone is dressed well, in shape etc doesn't mean their a beautiful person inside and out

where as the overweight woman might smell bad, but she could be the most beautiful person in my eyes

Ok now lets get back to the topic, or it might get shut down :)

Ok now lets get back to the topic, or it might get shut down :)

Agreed. Personally I don't agree though, I could never date someone who didn't take care of their body or looks. I've fallen for a guy based on his personality, and the looks work out in the end too :P Actually they kind of got better as time went on :P I used to remember a time when I used to rip his pictures in half...but that's a story for another thread...

We are gay because our genes have made us so... therefore don't fight it, you won't win...

I often wonder what the percentage gay to hetro is and if any of it is hereditary!

question 1 : about 15 % to 85 %, and even more if you count the bi's

question 2 : its a mix of 2 factors . genetics and life circumstances.

How do you explain bi-sexual people though? They make a choice in the end to be with a man or a women, while us gays make a choice to which man we'll sleep with/be with.

I am not part of that club ;) At least I don't think so unless someone slipped me date rape. They'd have too :P Pussy is petrifying to me.

Are all gays bi sexual?? It has to start from somewhere isn't it??