Against "Type" Changes that make for a "fresh" st

I figured that, you know change the setting, characters that are of a different background, different perspective. Posting this here has helped me realize that there are core elements that I will turn to in my writing, but hte stories are different. I was not sure before (with my first story) now I am. When writers here started given advice it helped me realize I had done the things that make one story different from anohter. The only real common element was me. I have created very diverse characters and my stories are character driven. Thanks for the post, that helped me a lot. What you said about the "first story".

Not sure what you mean as having the same voice. A writer might be distinctive for the way they tell a story or the fact that each time it is so different. Look at the authors you enjoy. What makes them something you like? Some it is the art of surprise, some it is character development, some it is the fun they infuse in their tales, others it is just an overall style. Once you know what you want, or what you are afraid you might be doing, then you can work on it. I find each story I start is different and new. The characters have to come to life and live in the world they inhabit. If I do that I think I am successful. Good luck.

Not sure what you mean as having the same voice. A writer might be distinctive for the way they tell a story or the fact that each time it is so different. Look at the authors you enjoy. What makes them something you like? Some it is the art of surprise, some it is character development, some it is the fun they infuse in their tales, others it is just an overall style. Once you know what you want, or what you are afraid you might be doing, then you can work on it. I find each story I start is different and new. The characters have to come to life and live in the world they inhabit. If I do that I think I am successful. Good luck.

Obviously my caracters have different voices I think the last thing you said, "characters have to come to life and live inthe world they inhabit" is the real telling. May be all this is really comes down to "are your stories viable by any definition. Mine are, to me. Thanks