Embedded YouTube changed

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I embedded this YouTube in a post

this is the post
https://gayauthors.org/forums/topic/48423-gay-tv-movies-and-books/?do=findComment&comment=1181955

Today I noticed the YouTube had changed (the post hasn’t been edited)

so I posted this ‘Help’ 

But now the YouTube has changed back again!!

How could this happen?

And can the originally posted YouTube be “locked” to stop this happening again?

ipad 6 iOS 16.6

Edit to add:

I’ve just had another look at this post and it’s changed the YouTube again - this time I took a screen print:

IMG-6338.png

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

We don't control YouTube sadly. 

You are sure you are linked to a specific video and not a Playlist or some such? 

• Like 4

Understood. Sometimes the iPad makes me unsure even who I am :( The YT was copied from ‘Share’ in the normal way - maybe it just changes randomly for me and no-one else, in which case it’s not an issue… :unsure2:

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 5

@ReaderPaul The only info I can give is I opened up the vid in the YT app on iPad, then clicked the “Share” button, pressed “Copy link” in the popup, then pasted into the post as I’ve always done.

I guess it’s only an issue if another member/visitor wants to watch the link - so far no-one’s posted “What’s this??” 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator
On 12/1/2023 at 11:32 AM, Zombie said:

@ReaderPaul The only info I can give is I opened up the vid in the YT app on iPad, then clicked the “Share” button, pressed “Copy link” in the popup, then pasted into the post as I’ve always done.

I guess it’s only an issue if another member/visitor wants to watch the link - so far no-one’s posted “What’s this??” 

When I want to post one, I open the video in a browser and copy that link. A lot of the time using share just posts the link.

• Like 5