Is it time for arranged gay marriages?

My parents' marriage was arranged and it's a failure.

The only reason the two idiots haven't divorced yet is because they're too proud to do so. Something about bringing shame to their respective families' names.

What a load of bull - I'm against arranged marriage because from experience, I can say that if the couple is in love, it's out of sheer luck.

Edited by XBadboyX

How ridiculous. Really?

You want to give freedom with one hand by granting gay couples the right to marry, but then you want to restrict that freedom by introducing a gay "arranged marriage"?

And while yes, there are a great number of happy couples who had arranged marriages, there are still a great many who were forced into that marriage and for whom every day is hell. Such a suggestion that the practice should be expanded is disgraceful.

Parents and friends should content themselves with the role of meddling matchmaker.

• Like 1

My parent's marriage was arranged. It's no fun. But most marriages around here are arranged. Some tend to love each other as time goes on, but for some like ours, well... It's not working.But I think that's not WCD was thinking. I don't have anything against dating sites.