The house is on fire!

K.C.

The only possession I truly value is my baseball card collection. Slightly problematic however. There are approximately 90 x 3" and 4" 3-ring binders.

Would probably toss them out the window and hope for the best. Carrying them out would be 12 to 15 trips - I'm talking respiratory arrest around trip 6. :lol:

Evacuated today. Over 14,000 acres burned, and probably lost my house. Dave and the dogs, camping gear, an armful of clothes, and a small box of papers. That's about all.

Oh my, I hope everyone is okay! That's awful!

• 10 months later...

Our house burned as a child, and as stupid as this sounds, if it was winter, my coat would be at the top of my list because our house burned in February, it was cold as hell, and for some reason, I grabbed my coat as I walked out of the house, and then watched my other four siblings standing around in their pj's freezing, until someone came along and took us to their homes. That being said, and since it is summer. I would have to say

Gypsy Rose ( my dog )

laptop

guns

I learnt a while ago that all of my important paperwork goes together in one simple to carry lock box, and that came from the experience of a break in, not a fire.

Insurance can be a real bugger, and they get fanickity about detail when it comes to a claim. It's just easier to have everything documented, so that would deffo be the first thing I'd grab.

External hard drives. Four of them built into a box so it could be carried as one item. The music collection I have on these is just too much too lose.

My back pack. Keep my wallet, keys and phone in there, so it'd be pretty easy to save all of those.