What would your kids call ya?

Michael9344

Whew. This topic is a bit confusing but necessary, I guess.

Well. If I'm the kid and I am being asked this kind of question. I'll probably just give both my Dad's a blank stare.

Dad and Dad? Confusing.

Dad P and Dad Q? Weird and embarassing. People will notice or at least suspect that my Dad are gay and beat me to death. In some country, this is the ugly truth.

Dad and 'insert name here'? Disrespectful. I know it depends on the country or the norm of the place you live in, but this is how it is in my country.

Dad and Pop? This sounds good. This way my friend in school won't notice anything wrong when they overheard me talking on the phone or something.

-Sorry if I'm being rude or offending anyone here. This is just the way I look at things. Hehe :P

Guest Kristopher

I have two dads, although only one is legally my dad via adoption and I call him Dad when my other dad isn't around. Otherwise I call him by his first name. I always use my other dad's first name. Calling both of them Dad would be way too confusing for all of us so it's fine. My other dad knows I love him just as much as the dad I call Dad. Confused?

I have two dads, although only one is legally my dad via adoption and I call him Dad when my other dad isn't around. Otherwise I call him by his first name. I always use my other dad's first name. Calling both of them Dad would be way too confusing for all of us so it's fine. My other dad knows I love him just as much as the dad I call Dad. Confused?

Does the other guy know you call your dad "Dad" when he's not around? If so, I'm assuming he's fine with it but have y'all ever talked about it?

Guest Kristopher

Does the other guy know you call your dad "Dad" when he's not around? If so, I'm assuming he's fine with it but have y'all ever talked about it?

We’ve talked about it. Posted Image I call one man “Dad” because I was told by my other dad that’s what he really wanted. It still took a year after I was adopted before I felt right calling anyone “Dad” again, despite the glaringly obvious fact he was an awesome dad. I call my other dad by his first name because that’s what he prefers. And even though when they’re together I could refer to them as “Dad” and “other dad’s first name” without creating any confusion, I guess my main point -- which I forgot about last night because it was my first post and I was nervous -- was, it also seems a bit disrespectful to me to do that since they’re both my dads, so I try not to do it even though they’re clearly fine with it. Less confusing now?

Edited by Kristopher

Guest Kristopher

Totally not confused Kristopher, and welcome to GA!

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

You can call me anything you want, "You can call me dad, you can call me father, you can call me a dirt son of a b**** but if you call me daddy again, I'll shoot you..." :D

Actually it'd probably be pappa, When I was a kid I used to call my dad daddy, dad, father...I call him old man now... :D

With my mom, Mom mother, mommy, just don't call my mom Mother dear, or mommy dearest it makes her mad...