Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 87: Pshrinkage

Pshirinkage is up.

Will all go well on Trevor's visit to Carnarvon? Will a man named Basingstoke be among his welcoming committee?

Will Trevor and Atlantis be reunited?

BTW, one note: the big warship talked about by Fowler was found, but in 2008, so his comments are accurate, but only for pre-2008 (And it's 2006 in the story). A few small details he didn't know were discerned in 2008, basically verifying the story he tells.

• Like 1

Aaahhhh, sweeeet!!! Everyone's being so kind 'n' helpful to Trev. No stress, no worries :) Thanks CJ.

But wait, we know the lovebirds will soon be assaulted by a maelstrom of horrors so this should really have been called The Calm Before the Storm :angry:

B)..................... :worship: Well done! A nice chapter before you start opening up your chamber of terrors!! 0:) I think Dr. Anna was great with Trevor, surprised he opened up to her about Shane, but I guess it was necessary considering Shane was Trevor's distraction and it caused his panic attack. Surprised also at Dirk's insight into Bridget's motive in keeping Lisa and Joel close by in the guesthouse. Since they already mentioned 'bug' will Henry take the thought into a leap that the place is also bugged? I think Trevor's worries about Martin allowing him to continue to operate the Kookaburra are for naught, seems Fowler and Martin both know the safest place is out of sight, out at sea. Is Ned starting to warm up to Shane??? :lol: I thought it sweet how those two missed each other in just a days absence from each other. Will Barney still buy the crew rounds of drinks after he finds out the note and garlic crusher have already been turned over. and will Shane use it in his book?

:sheep: Humm, I re-read this 3 times, and could not find an inkling of some cruel hint of things to come.

Edited by Benji

I agree with Benji about Jim and Dirk mentioning the guest house a couple times and wondering why the kids have access to it. The light bulb (a old Edison type) should go off soon and then Henry will try to discover any bugs.

While the chapter introduces us to Anna the shrink, it has a bit a quiet foreboding but nothing specific. I do think that the doctor's receptionist feels quite put out not knowing the patient's name and will find it somehow. She may prove to be a back channel leak to the reporters, or worse yet, to the bad guys.

I like cloaking the boat with easily changed names and numbers. Nice of Ned to keep the paint handy.

When Trevor left the pie party early to visit Atlantis one more time and he caressed the bare trusses of the boat, I wanted to whisper, "Just look under here or reach under there!" I firmly believe Ned is repairing the old Ares and Brigit's trafficking records are hidden deep in the boat's underpinnings. So close but no cigar - this time.

WinStuart

I agree with Benji about Jim and Dirk mentioning the guest house a couple times and wondering why the kids have access to it. The light bulb (a old Edison type) should go off soon and then Henry will try to discover any bugs.

While the chapter introduces us to Anna the shrink, it has a bit a quiet foreboding but nothing specific. I do think that the doctor's receptionist feels quite put out not knowing the patient's name and will find it somehow. She may prove to be a back channel leak to the reporters, or worse yet, to the bad guys.

I like cloaking the boat with easily changed names and numbers. Nice of Ned to keep the paint handy.

When Trevor left the pie party early to visit Atlantis one more time and he caressed the bare trusses of the boat, I wanted to whisper, "Just look under here or reach under there!" I firmly believe Ned is repairing the old Ares and Brigit's trafficking records are hidden deep in the boat's underpinnings. So close but no cigar - this time.

WinStuart

B)...... Oh yes forgot it, that is the third time the Lime Pie can into play here, less then two weeks until the statutes of limitations are off. Will Trevor's 'family' find him first, after all Fowler told Trevor at the 'end of the month' for the document search trail to unfold. But really, couldn't a government agency pull some strings in getting that information quicker? My guess is that Fowler and Martin are holding back, and watching Trevor's back at the same time. Trevor's mom is close, and her only contact is with an occasional Lime Pie. :boy:

B)...... Oh yes forgot it, that is the third time the Lime Pie can into play here, less then two weeks until the statutes of limitations are off. Will Trevor's 'family' find him first, after all Fowler told Trevor at the 'end of the month' for the document search trail to unfold. But really, couldn't a government agency pull some strings in getting that information quicker? My guess is that Fowler and Martin are holding back, and watching Trevor's back at the same time. Trevor's mom is close, and her only contact is with an occasional Lime Pie. :boy:

Hi Benji,

Well that was an interesting chapter. I am sure you noted the conversation between Greg Fowler and Trev toward the end of the Chapter 87. Fowler’s justification for the delay in getting the information from official records is certainly valid. The fact the Statute of Limitations expires two weeks earlier makes the data obsolete, at best. You have to admire the way, CHJ is holding onto every bit of each hidden secret.

Marty

• Site Moderator

Considering where they were located, she had no way of getting a pie, or two, to them.

Aaahhhh, sweeeet!!! Everyone's being so kind 'n' helpful to Trev. No stress, no worries :) Thanks CJ.

But wait, we know the lovebirds will soon be assaulted by a maelstrom of horrors so this should really have been called The Calm Before the Storm :angry:

Maelstrom of horrors? :blink:

What makes you think that? The calm before the storm? What storm? It's not like the next chapter is named "From Bad to Worse"... and even if it was, it could mean something utterly unrelated and inconsequential. :)

B)..................... :worship: Well done! A nice chapter before you start opening up your chamber of terrors!! 0:) I think Dr. Anna was great with Trevor, surprised he opened up to her about Shane, but I guess it was necessary considering Shane was Trevor's distraction and it caused his panic attack. Surprised also at Dirk's insight into Bridget's motive in keeping Lisa and Joel close by in the guesthouse. Since they already mentioned 'bug' will Henry take the thought into a leap that the place is also bugged? I think Trevor's worries about Martin allowing him to continue to operate the Kookaburra are for naught, seems Fowler and Martin both know the safest place is out of sight, out at sea. Is Ned starting to warm up to Shane??? :lol: I thought it sweet how those two missed each other in just a days absence from each other. Will Barney still buy the crew rounds of drinks after he finds out the note and garlic crusher have already been turned over. and will Shane use it in his book?

:sheep: Humm, I re-read this 3 times, and could not find an inkling of some cruel hint of things to come.

Cruel things to come? That's because there aren't any! You know that nothing bad ever happens in my stories... :P

WinStuart

The receptionist was indeed a bit miffed; she's not used to deviations from procedure. It is to be hoped that all this won't make her curious.

And yep, Dirk finally asked the pertinent question; if Trevor is no longer a target, why is Bridget still being so accommodating? Unfortunately, there's more than one answer to that question, but they are getting closer... :)

Hi Benji,

Well that was an interesting chapter. I am sure you noted the conversation between Greg Fowler and Trev toward the end of the Chapter 87. Fowler’s justification for the delay in getting the information from official records is certainly valid. The fact the Statute of Limitations expires two weeks earlier makes the data obsolete, at best. You have to admire the way, CHJ is holding onto every bit of each hidden secret.

Marty

Me? Holding onto secrets? 0:)

All will be revealed, in detail, on the 17th. :)

Okay, now, time for the next chapter title.

First, let me say that although it might sound just a tad ominous, one should bear in mind my penchant for misleading titles. It's really nothing to worry about it.

The title is "From Bad to Worse". BTW, the chapter after it will not have the title revealed in advance, out of spoiler concerns.

CJ :)

One thing you can say about,"The Goat." It isn't enough for him to be mysterious in the story line, he brings it here into the Forum.

First he says this

Maelstrom of horrors?

What makes you think that? The calm before the storm? What storm? It's not like the next chapter is named "From Bad to Worse"... and even if it was, it could mean something utterly unrelated and inconsequential. :)

Then he says this

First, let me say that although it might sound just a tad ominous, one should bear in mind my penchant for misleading titles. It's really nothing to worry about it.

The title is "From Bad to Worse". BTW, the chapter after it will not have the title revealed in advance, out of spoiler concerns.

One thing you can say about,"The Goat." It isn't enough for him to be mysterious in the story line, he brings it here into the Forum.

First he says this

Maelstrom of horrors?

Then he says this

Ahhem! I told the truth! The next chapter isn't named "From Bad to Worse" it's named "From Bad to Worse"

The latter is in bold... So it';s different. :P

Ahhem! I told the truth! The next chapter isn't named "From Bad to Worse" it's named "From Bad to Worse"

The latter is in bold... So it';s different. :P

Only in your mind. That response is weak, at best.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..