Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

The Gnarliest Waves Ever

For those reading the CAP series, especially Poor Man's Son, you might find the photos I just posted on GA interesting.

A couple of chapters back Will and Brad went to Jaws (Pe'ahi) Maui. Jaws has the tallest waves I've seen in person, 50-60 feet high, wave after wave, but these pics of Teahupoo show the ugliest, scariest, thickest, most dangerous wave I have ever seen. They are absolute killers. They usually break in 5-10 feet of water, but this day was so big it sucked all the water off the reef and they were breaking on exposed coral.

In eleven years, Will will be just about the right age to tackle these.

For those reading the CAP series, especially Poor Man's Son, you might find the photos I just posted on GA interesting.

A couple of chapters back Will and Brad went to Jaws (Pe'ahi) Maui. Jaws has the tallest waves I've seen in person, 50-60 feet high, wave after wave, but these pics of Teahupoo show the ugliest, scariest, thickest, most dangerous wave I have ever seen. They are absolute killers. They usually break in 5-10 feet of water, but this day was so big it sucked all the water off the reef and they were breaking on exposed coral.

In eleven years, Will will be just about the right age to tackle these.

Damn. I hate being f**king land-locked. :angry:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..