Online Gamers Crack AIDS Enzyme Puzzle

Benji

• Site Administrator

Wow.

I know I'm bad for sterotyping some gamers as being homophobic with calling everyone fags, queers, homo's etc (yes, I know they all aren't like that and I said I was sterotyping which is baaaad), so I'm going to give them a definite Posted Image on this one :)

Hey I'm a Gaymer too Posted Image

Glad to see credit being given to gamers, I was also part of the network that joined together PS3 and computer to do complex computing for another biochemical folding simulation experiment. I think it's called Folding@home

As for gamers being homophobes, it's just part of the culture, especially in MMO's. People aren't really homophobic. A lot of gay boys like to play with joysticks in and outside of their personal lives, too Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

I think i saw a video on this on the xbox dashboard a few months ago. It's totally amazing. I love how "some" people say that gamers are the wasterals and the uneducated of our age. This just proves them mostly wrong. Sure, there are some gamers that do nothing but sit around and click, click, click. But others are incredibly intelligent. In fact, most of the computer programing students at my college were avid gamers. It takes alot of intellect and intelligence to crack the puzzles etc. of some of the games out there these days.

This has provided me with a much needed few moments of not feeling ashamed of playing videogames ^-^ even if I'm not one of the smart gamers. Soon as a puzzle of quest turns up challenging I tend to quit without saving and never play it again >_>

I like my games to be fun, not work, and I've always had a severe hatred of anything puzzles since I was a kid and someone gave me a 1,000 piece puzzle where all the pieces looked identical (yeah, one of THOSE). I've kind of had almost a phobia of puzzles ever since.

Amazing.

Has anyone heard about the man in Berlin I believe who has actually cured of AIDs?

Apparently he was a major test patient for AIDs - having nearly every part of his body biopsied and studied. I believe he had some form of cancer or auto-immune disease too, and in the process of curing that his AID's disappeared and hasn't shown up for 3 years.

I read the article a while ago =/