Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Gobbler or Pecker?

How do you consume CJ's chapters?

Like my last dog getting all squirmy and antsy waiting for its dinner, then gobbling it down greedily in one go, returning again and again to lick the bowl noisily to make quite sure it hadn't missed some tiny but tasty morsel clinging to the side?

Or like my brother's laid-back labrador nonchalantly ignoring it, saving it till later, comfortable in the knowledge that it'll be there waiting for him, maybe pecking at some of it then wandering off to do something else - maybe have a snooze - returning sometime later to finish it off?

On occasion I like to read about someone gobbling a pecker but I've never considered those terms in this context. Most well written stories I just breeze through unless the prose sings to me. Then I have a tendency to read and re-read, usually trying to envision hearing James Earl Jones reading it aloud. It doesn't happen often. Jamie, writer of the Scrolls of Icaria has done it on ocassion.

Poorly written stories get a once through usually, unless they are really pointless, and then I abandon them and move on.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..