A Sports Forum?

TetRefine

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a GA Sports Forum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe.

Anyone who mentions the Cardinals, except to curse them and their furry little friend should be banned from this forum.

Signed

Brokenhearted Phillies Fan

I would agree with you, but as a Reds fan, I cannot. :P Phillies have beaten down the Reds for a long time and there isn't an end in sight as far as that is concerned. I do hate the Cardinals more though. ;)

As far as College Football, it is SEC nation for me. ;) The only conference that matters. ;) Not that Kentucky is any good in the conference.. haha, but eh.. I've never been a UK football fan. Go ALABAMA! :)

College Basketball is all about the UK Wildcats men and women teams and Pat Summit's Lady Volunteers.

sorry as the only true and healthy sport is Aussie Rules, and this being a majority north American site I can't imagine my beloved Collingwood getting much traction....

Alternatively we could talk cricket???? Posted Image

sorry as the only true and healthy sport is Aussie Rules, and this being a majority north American site I can't imagine my beloved Collingwood getting much traction....

Alternatively we could talk cricket???? Posted Image

I try to watch it here in the US along with Rugby whenever I can. My opinion, these guys are the true manly studs of sport. Not to mention fucking hot!

LSU and 'Bama.....Anyone? Somebody's gotta be heartbroken

And congrats to the Pokes I suppose. It would have been nice to see K State mess things up though.

On another note. We wrecked Texas Tech.

LSU and Bama was one for the ages. We may see a rematch of that game.

They can't play each other for SEC championship because they are both in the Western Division.

LSU is the SEC champion unless somebody from the Eastern division can beat them (unlikely).

Alabama has yet to play Auburn but they don't have the horses this year.

The Okies must have been really pissed about losing to TTech- they raped A&M like a drunken school girl.

They can't play each other for SEC championship because they are both in the Western Division.

LSU is the SEC champion unless somebody from the Eastern division can beat them (unlikely).

The Okies must have been really pissed about losing to TTech- they raped A&M like a drunken school girl.

Totally inappropriate James, but I laughed my ass off.. thank you. Posted Image And, I agree that Bama/LSU game was fantastic. I do feel sorry for that Bama kicker though... and Bama didn't fall out of the top 5.. hmm.. if they are 1 and 2 in the SEC by the end of the year... there's a good chance there will be a rematch for the National Championship. :P I doubt OK. St or "shudders" Stanford can beat either team.

All the scandals reminds me of John Milton in the Devil's Advocate:

..until the stench of it reaches

so high and far into Heaven...

...it chokes the whole fucking lot of them!

Either college football gets a major cleaning or we will see the death of it.

All the scandals reminds me of John Milton in the Devil's Advocate:

..until the stench of it reaches

so high and far into Heaven...

...it chokes the whole fucking lot of them!

Either college football gets a major cleaning or we will see the death of it.

Start holding athletes to academic standards, then you'll start to see a shapeup. Why should Tyrone and Billy-Bob worry about writing that paper when the professor will just give them an A anyway? The problem is, you take away slots at university from qualified academic students and give them to brainless morons who can't even hold a pencil, let alone think at above a 1st grade level. If universities stopped giving them automatic passes, then they'll either drop or get their asses in gear and do the damn work that the rest of us have to do already.

I love college sports as much as the next guy, but the majority of people who play them are f**king retarded and would never have gotten past 3rd grade if they weren't an athlete.

Edited by TetRefine

Trash talk is a given with sports. Not everyone gets huffy and puffy about it like with politics, cause once their teams win, they can make a big BOOYAH comeback.

Maybe it wont need as much moderating as it would seem. :P

Edited by Arpeggio

One for the ages? That was the most boring college game I can remember. I almost switched to watching the International Water Freezing contest on ESPN 7, but like watching an auto accident in slow motion you just can't turn away.

What incredibly inept offenses. What incredible lack of imagination from the offensive coordinators. The whole country should pray that LSU loses too so we can see an Oklahoma State - Stanfurd game where someone would actually score a touchdown. I might hate Stanfurd with every fiber of my being, but at least they ain't so boring you want to slit your wrists.

I will be a lot more impressed with the SEC when they stop playing all their non-conference games at home and mostly against all girls schools and schedule BCS opponents on the road. The twelve SEC teams only played five opponents from other BCS conferences and near as I can see, they were all home games except Bama PSU. The twelve Pac-12 teams played fourteen teams from other BCS conferences and about half were on the road. I at least have the decency to be embarrassed by the fact that Cal played a team named "Presbyterian", but LSU will schedule Western Kentucky (who?) and Northwestern State (double who?) with nary a blush.

It takes a degree of sophistication in football fans to appreciate a defensive slug out that you don't see outside the SEC.

Both of those offensive units have been running up points in a conference that prides itself on the strength of its defense. Until they ran into each other, their ppg averages were in the thirties.

Teams like Texas Tech and San Diego State may score a lot of points, but they never see defenses like Alabama or LSU. Period. Both of those defensive units could play on Sundays and still stop people.