My friends are awesome (great vid)

Foopy

More of this kind of "It Gets Better" vid is needed to get the word out to kids who aren't able to be themselves in their high school. It is better in college for LGBT kids, even if their high school experience was good.

Colin B)

This is way better than the ones that create false hopes and give the impression that coming out is some sort of panacea.

I don't like the peer pressure for people to come out- especially toward kids. It makes some people feel like they are letting down "the cause".

"The cause" is all well and good but such a decision is complicated and there is no one size fits all solution to every situation.

Coming out will be very different experience for a kid in Berkley, CA with hippie parents than a Cajun kid from Lafayette, LA with hard-core Catholic parents.

• Like 1

Great video.

College runs on a whole other level than high school and everything changes for the better, even if high school was already great. Depending on the school, the level of acceptance varies but generally speaking, most people are mature and intelligent enough to not be complete douche bags for no reason. There was that pervasive message that high school is suppose to be the best time of your life and it may have been true for some, but it definitely wasn't for me or most people I know today. I think life should and most of the time does get better and better as you get a little older. Placing too much emphasis on your life at the moment as a teenager thinking "this is it, this is my life" is kinda backwards and it just doesn't make much sense. I didn't come out in college either but it wasn't all because I was afraid of being rejected, but that I just didn't want to. But I was definitely afraid of being outed in high school.

• Like 2