• Platform
    • RPG/Roleplaying
    • Simulation
    • Fighting
    • Survival-horror
    • Sports
    • Strategy
    • Other (music, puzzle, etc)

I think I got hooked on survival horror, when I started playing Fatal Frame (seriously Japanese ghost everywhere and all you got is a freaking camera, at least in resident evil or dead space I had a real weapon). It still give me goosebumps even today.

Anyone else want to share.

• Like 1

My favorites are action-adventure, rpg and survival-horror. I got hooked on games like Final Fantasy, Xenogears, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Assassin's Creed and Uncharted. Although I did play a lot of platform and simulation when I was younger, I sort of veered off into those genre as I got older.

Western RPG's, especially anything BioWare puts out. Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Witcher, Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Knights of the Old Republic are some of the best game series ever.

Oh and Metal Gear Solid. Not really a genre, but it should be because it's freaking awesome and unique and it's the best game series ever. :)

RPG.

I started to 'know' this genre when I have my first PS1 and since then I only buy CD games of this particular genre.

Suikoden, Final Fantasy, Tales series, you name it. I have played them all.

I also like tactic's genre or in other word, strategy but not as much as RPG. I only buy those genre (strategy) when there is no other RPG games that I haven't played.

My brother loves Action genre though. You know, those FPS ( First Person Shooting) games? Bang! Bang! Yeah, that's his favorite and it always cause a big fight between us when we were kids trying to play the console game since our Dad only bought us one console to share.

• 1 month later...

I use to LOVE Eastern RPG's, Survival Horror and Fighting games. They've all taken a huge dip in recent years, but they're still kind of my favorites. Resident Evil, Siren, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Final Fantasy, Breath Of Fire, Silent Hill... those types.

Nowadays, I'm leaning towards deep plotted stories no matter what the genre is. I'm really interested in the Drake series, I love Persona. Oh, and DC Universe, whatever that genre is, is pretty freakin awesome.

I like Rpgs period, both Western an Eastern. I also preffer Strategy games.... the Only things close to adventure games I have is the Legacy of Cain series...

However Elderscrolls except maybe Skyrim are my favorite... at least on the computer...

I stopped liking Fable with the second game...

I liked the original Overlord didn't like the expansion and not really the second one...

• 1 month later...

Gotta be strategy, I love being able to command massive armies in StarCraft and Command & Conquer. Been a strategy fan since I can remember, and that was back in 98 when a friend got me hooked on StarCraft.

I like strategy/action-adventure. Sometimes this includes RP too and storylines and I think that really adds to it.

When there is the "sandbox" mixed into it as well, then it's definitely got me interested.

Gotta be strategy, I love being able to command massive armies in StarCraft and Command & Conquer. Been a strategy fan since I can remember, and that was back in 98 when a friend got me hooked on StarCraft.

My condolences, I can send my zergs in to your choke point to help alleviate the pain. I promise at least a hundred waves of them :P

My condolences, I can send my zergs in to your choke point to help alleviate the pain. I promise at least a hundred waves of them Posted Image

Oh, then I can use my Colossi and Zealots to contain your little outbreak and push back with some Dark Templar and unwittingly destroy your Hive Clusters.

Quick, someone send me some thors and Odins, for nukes, to back up my zerglings and roaches (hehe, perfect compliment for nukers :P )

oh god he's a protoss, and whats worst he's offering to push back lings with DTs

*burrows roach infestor*

Hmmm? Oh, no, I won't push lings/roach/infestor back with DTs. No, that'd be the Colossi, Zealots and Stalkers. The base assault would be DTs. ;)

I like RPG. I'm a sucker for RPG's with character orientations (evil/chaotic/good etc). Also a big fan of MMO's (arguably a genre of their own), although I'm not very good at the grind, which is why I stick to PvP.

I'm officially so lost, lol. My three hours playing StarCraft didn't prepare me enough to translate this topic.

StarCraft players have our own language, it's sort of like WoW guys, except our language is better, because we don't rely on Blizzard's charity (Actually if you watch the StarCraft tourneys, we operate in spite of Blizzard bizarre neglect of us StarCraft players, who make them the most money outside of their MMO) Posted Image

Maybe, Blizzard is ashamed of us, because we're not ultra cool level 100 Blood Elves :P

Edited by W_L