Wimbledon 2012

Zombie

That is one of the most impressive matches of tennis I've seen in a very long time.

Rafal Nadal, the number two in the world, with 11 grand slam titles is dumped out of Wimbeldon by Luke Rosol number 100 in the world. For the first time in seven years, Nadal exits a grand slam in the second round after a four hour five set match up!

That was stunning, well done young man! :D

He's got the skill, the power, a killer serve and the stamina (the guy barely broke sweat!). But it's more than that, it's also a mind game. If he can he maintain his cool as the pressure cranks up he deserves to be in the final :)

Maria Sharapova has been knocked out. Hooray!! :D The shrieking grunting scream queen was recorded in 2005 at 101 decibels. That's enough to cause hearing damage :o It's a tiresome tactic. Pity the tennis authorities are too feeble minded to penalise it.

Azarenka is still in though so the shrieking will still be there. And wasn't there a plan to stop them from going to loud that was just proposed a week or so ago? Only catch on that one was that it doesn't really start until 10-15 yrs from now.

On the men's side, it seems like Federer is having some back problems. That probably won't be a problem against Youhzny but hopefully he can play well during the semis.

Sooooooooo Andy Murray made it to the quarter finals for the fifth year in a row, when it wasn't raining!

:P

I must admit it is looking like an interesting year this year. A number of big upsets, always makes for a bit of a mix up in the end. I can't say I'll miss the grunting though. It's the biggest put off when watching women's tennis, I really can't stand it. :/

I do love to watch the Williams sisters tho! :P

ROFL Posted Image

Louis you crack me up! hehe.

Rain interrupts play again grrrrrrrrrr. Federer is looking ok though. No signs of back giving him much trouble. Posted Image

Edited by Yettie One

For all of you doubters, Murray made it to the semis and will face Tsonga. Will he make it to the finals?

Other semi - Federer and Djokovic. Will Federer overcome his recent string of defeats to Djokovic?

Edited by Bill W

Hmmmmm he certainly didn't make reaching the semi's easy for himself. I just hope he's not too tired to see off Songa.

Federer is looking good though. Djokovic had a few wobbles early in the match against Mayer, so maybe there's a chance for Federer to put the pressure on.

Who ever makes it through, we got a couple of cracking games on now! Posted Image

Edited by Yettie One

Realistically I think this is Andy Murray's last chance to win Wimbledon.

In fact, his last chance to win a Grand Slam.

His age will start to count against him now and younger players will be coming through.

Federer up two sets to one in the semi's agains Djokovic. It's been a really fast paced match so far!

Federer is up a break in the 4th.

Federer wins!

Edited by Daddydavek

I am starting to get interested in Tennis:

Posted Image

Point, match, and set! :o

Both players are going to go for broke.

Andy Murray is out to be the first Brit to win Wimbledon in 76 years, and Federer is looking to match Pete Sampras and William Renshaw's record holding seven titles at Wimbledon.

So I guess they both got something big on the line to play for. Hmmmmmmmm, This could be a pretty exciting Match.