Anyone here a fan of falling skies?

W_L

I hope I am not the only one with an interest in this little Science Fiction gem among the weeds that we are getting on TV.

http://www.fallingsk...r/falling-skies

I am still pissed at TNT for cancelling "Crusade" of the Babylon 5 universe, but I will forgive them if their executives can let this show go on for a 5 season run.

I am bias, because the series is Bostonian, but I can't help it. A rag tag group of militia citizen soldiers form a resistance group called 2nd Mass try to fight against an alien invasion, led by a history professor..

* Jamessavik: I think this is what you were waiting for in a good sci-fi show, if you haven't come on board, get on with me.

PS: It's a Steven Speilberg production, too !

Edited by W_L

I hope I am not the only one with an interest in this little Science Fiction gem among the weeds that we are getting on TV.

I am still pissed at TNT for cancelling "Crusade" of the Babylon 5 universe, but I will forgive them if their executives can let this show go on for a 5 season run.

I am bias, because the series is Bostonian, but I can't help it. A rag tag group of militia citizen soldiers form a resistance group called 2nd Mass try to fight against an alien invasion, led by a history professor..

* Jamessavik: I think this is what you were waiting for in a good sci-fi show, if you haven't come on board, get on with me.

I follow Falling Skies, but have missed a couple of episodes of late.

I love the Falling Skies series. Great drama in a sci-fi theme. I can't wait to see how this works out after the Mass unit was treated so poorly by the so called civilian authorities.

I've seen season 1 on video and I'm not very impressed.

There is a lot of cliches and... frankly it looks like every episode is being filmed like it might be the last. It looks like it's being produced out of the back of a semi in the woods.

I don't trust TNT. If it's any good, they'll cancel it.

But- what do I know? If a piece of crap like Terra Nova can be made and run as long as it did, I have no idea what the network pricks are thinking.

WL - I am a MASSIVE fan of falling skies. I was absolutely on the edge of my seat at the end of season 2 with the new guys showing up. I can't wait to see where they go with that dude in the suit.

Edited by JimmyD

I love falling skies! Imma big fan of the show, and I like the storyline of the show thus far also.

I think the only qualm i have with the show is to stop making the show a summer series, and make it a predominant series

Other than that imma 2nd mass fan!

I've seen season 1 on video and I'm not very impressed.

There is a lot of cliches and... frankly it looks like every episode is being filmed like it might be the last. It looks like it's being produced out of the back of a semi in the woods.

I don't trust TNT. If it's any good, they'll cancel it.

But- what do I know? If a piece of crap like Terra Nova can be made and run as long as it did, I have no idea what the network pricks are thinking.

2nd seasons better,

They've already ordered a third season.

As for camera angles, it's shot for gritty texture. I'd like to call it the bastard child of "V" and Jericho, which ended too early.

Join the revolution James :P I thought you'd like seeing gun toting roughnecks and a scifi series that doesn't so far disappoint with its ideas on freedom or humanity.

Maybe you're just upset they didn't do it for southerners instead of New England backwoods. Jk :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to invade the topic ... there is REVOLUTION for James ...

(replacement to Terra Nova??, oh shucks there goes the Degrassi Declan out of a job again )

Its about how to survvea an EMP pulse ... and the return of the SOUTH ... DW GRIFFITH LIVES AGAIN!!!

btw, there is an old BW movie ... it seems to say that in history ... the pre-civil war days

There was NORTH(USA) and then there was SOUTH that wanted to be their own country within north america

The key thing was TEXAS ... convincing its people by the north that they will back them if they join the UNION

but there pro-southerners were attacking the people who believe in Sam Houston ... who saw him as their traitor

after Texas joined ... then the tensions of the south grew as Lincoln took office.

so in this new series ... monroe ... is the new president of the republic ... while the north is the rebels of the fallen USA gov't

the difference is that monroe murders people and invoking marshal law .. rather than growing his republic

lol, any one remember how it was in the pre-civil war days ... there was right to bear arms

the season is still young ... we have yet to see what other things of this new republic has vs the pre-cival war one

Join the revolution James Posted Image I thought you'd like seeing gun toting roughnecks and a scifi series that doesn't so far disappoint with its ideas on freedom or humanity.

Maybe you're just upset they didn't do it for southerners instead of New England backwoods. Jk Posted Image

Edited by hh5