trying to find an old story

Guest shadow's fall

Guest shadow's fall

hey all,

i'm new to the board,but no to the site. first i would like to say thanksto those who make this possible as this is one of the best sites on the net! :2thumbs:

second,i have been trying to find an old story that i read some time ago. i can not remember the name, nor where i read it. the only real thing i can remember about it is that it wasabout a boy that was a real wiz with the stock market, and in turn was quite rich. in thestory he used hismoney to help out some friends. i know it's notmuch to go on, but if anyone can remember the story i am talking out i would really like to find it again.

thxmuch

Shadow's Fall

Sorry I can't help you with that one. Hell, I'm still looking for a PRINTED sci-fi story I read as a kid...it was about a future-type earth where aliens controlled the population through metal caps on their heads and moved around in huge tripod-legged machines (no, not making that up, I loved the series as a kid and read every one I could in the local library...but I never bought one of the books and can't remember the name or author since I haven't read them in about twenty-six years (was around eight the first time I read them).

Guest fayevalentine
Sorry I can't help you with that one. Hell, I'm still looking for a PRINTED sci-fi story I read as a kid...it was about a future-type earth where aliens controlled the population through metal caps on their heads and moved around in huge tripod-legged machines (no, not making that up, I loved the series as a kid and read every one I could in the local library...but I never bought one of the books and can't remember the name or author since I haven't read them in about twenty-six years (was around eight the first time I read them).

dkstories,

It's not this is it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tripods

and shadow's fall,

I'm sorry I don't know the story you're looking for.

Edited by fayevalentine

Shadow's Fall, is the story a book you are looking for, a short story, an e story or what?

Also by old, I didn't check to see your age , but how old is old to you? In other words, have you got any time frame - Are you are talking.. 1-2 years - 10 years.....

Any info about how the protagonist helped his friends.....was there detail on the stock market or was that just an aside to explain how the guy got rich? I have some ideas of stories that might fit but I need a bit more info before I go searching. :read:

It was indeed the Christopher books...and Robert has a big smile on his face right now...why?

The really ironic thing of all this is...we have the books in our personal library here at the house...

:)

Woo Hoo! glad you finally found it! LOL don't feel bad, twice in my life I can remember looking for something for like a half hour only to discover it was IN MY HAND......actually one of the two times I was looking for something with someone else and it turned out to be in his hand :P ......anyway it's often right under your nose

Guest shadow's fall
Shadow's Fall, is the story a book you are looking for, a short story, an e story or what?

Also by old, I didn't check to see your age , but how old is old to you? In other words, have you got any time frame - Are you are talking.. 1-2 years - 10 years.....

Any info about how the protagonist helped his friends.....was there detail on the stock market or was that just an aside to explain how the guy got rich? I have some ideas of stories that might fit but I need a bit more info before I go searching. :read:

Dalmania, the story i am looking for is about 3 to 5 years old i beileve. i also read it on either Nifty, or the Gay Writer's Guild. not sure which. it was a rather lengthy story if i remember correctly. the only real detail i remember about the stock market was that he went pretty in depth with his explinations about it to his boyfriend.

i hope this helps as i have been trying to locate this story for a few months now and can not seem to find it. thans for any help you can give.

Shadow's Fall

Hey~

When I read this, I immediately thought of Chris and Tej, which is in the Nifty archives. It is the only story I have read with a lot of stock market info, but they don't start talking about it until about chapter 7.

It is in the high school section, and was last updated around October of 04.

Hope this helps!

Nametaken

Edited by nametaken