GA Social Media Discussion

I kind of agree with James there. It'll take a lot of effort to become established on reddit. If you just throw something up there on the subforums no one is going to look at it, especially if it's not an image, or a video, or somethign short and punchy and viral.

With Tumblr, since it's majorly an image sharing website you'll need to have a solid amount of high quality images and gifs to blog (bitches love gifs). Layering cheesy romantic quotes to gifs of sexy boys or whatever will probably get you reblogs. Anything with huge blocks of text is def gonna be ignored unless it belongs to a clique.

• 6 months later...

Facebook and twitter are still useful for expanding awareness of any website.  I think there are a lot of ways to use sites like FB to promote just about anything.  You need to go there and learn all the ways they allow the site to be used, and then build a plan to get things started.  I think it's a good idea to use FB, it's just going to require some work to make it happen.  I imagine the admin here is familiar with that part.  Look at the mobile apps they offer too, it might give you even more reach.  I'm not personally a FB fan, but I think there are a LOT of people on there that would appreciate finding out about GA, and I wouldn't hesitate to make every possible use of the site to make them aware.

I would use the less popular sites as well, because there are going to be people there that don't use FB or Twitter as much, for whatever reasons.  Orkut would be worth looking at, it's 100,000,000 plus members make it worthy.  Google must agree with that assessment.

Look at all the social networks and spread your efforts out across the net.  It's bigger than the handful of sites that everyone talks about, and I think there are some hidden opportunities out there.  With dozens of these sites available I think it's a good idea to make the most of as many as you can.  Focusing only on the biggest ones is just the first step, then get going on some of the more obscure ones.

• Like 2