5 hours ago, sandrewn said:

8cdaa1a4e85bbcdedc702bd81d37d115.gif.2d85cfcc3685e09b5609651fd9cba83f.gif

Don't know about you, but this one gave me a shiver or two!

:cowboy:

Besides giving me a shiver, it makes me wonder how difficult it would be to coordinate the movement of eight legs.  I know switching from walking on two legs to walking on all four limbs would be difficult enough, but to coordinate the movement of eight appendages would seem mind blowing.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

After watching those videos, I know I won't be visiting Australia or certain parts of South America any time soon.  I think you might expect to find spiders in outhouses or a porta-potty, since they're outdoors and not frequented as often as an indoor facility.  Bathrooms are used for other things, such as baths, showers, brushing your teeth, etc., so you wouldn't expect to find a huge, poisonous spider on your toilet.  The only scarier thing I can think of is the story about snakes, some of them poisonous, coming up through the plumbing and into the toilet, and their bite is bigger than that of a spider.    

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
10 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

I believe that I've seen some of the photos displayed in that link before, but some of the others seem to get weirder and weirder.  I also get the feeling that I see more human characteristics is various spiders, such as what appears to be pupils in the two largest eyes and one even appears to have a tongue,  Even stranger than that, the general 'facial' features on a few even seem to resemble overall characteristics of a human.  

• Wow 2
53 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

5ee5a5a3e80b7793aca6dd961d417952.jpg.06837079a5623fc2f9c1cef220924610.jpg

Habronattus americanus - Wallowa Mountains, Oregon - 2016

Easily one of the most charismatic salticids of the Pacific Northwest - if not all of America! A fitting name for such a fantastically handsome Habronattus species!

:cowboy:

It may be handsome and charismatic, but it also looks mechanical - maybe like a transformer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After I checked the furnace filter tonight, to see if it needed to be changed, I stood up into a spider web.  The sticky web was stuck to my head and face, and when I tried to wipe it off, it merely got stuck to my hand.  I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt at the time, with the hood down, so I was hoping the spider didn't drop into there.  No matter what I did from that point on, it seemed as if I could still feel the web on my head and neck and it gave me the creeps. 

• Wow 2