9 hours ago, sandrewn said:

australia-scary-animals-74-6540c4b319ca2__700.jpg.84b4f6e064d9eb5a2a9665d34929adcc.jpg

Nope

:cowboy:

Who the hell looks there before they automatically reach to open their car door.  I certainly don't, so that would have been a total shock.  I hope it wasn't a poisonous spider.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sandrewn said:

392725336_9c2cbed462.jpg.a4e44344fd40fc6180fa929ea0b44918.jpg

That's a formidable looking thing.  I'll bet its a tarantula.  

I happened to kill a spider tonight.  It's body was about the same size as a large paper clip and with its legs extended it was about the size of a large lid to a jelly/jam jar.  I imagine it must have snuck into the house the last time I went out earlier, because I'm sure I would have noticed something that size before.   

Edited by Bill W
  • Wow 2
On 12/29/2023 at 11:04 AM, Bill W said:

Who the hell looks there before they automatically reach to open their car door.  I certainly don't, so that would have been a total shock.  I hope it wasn't a poisonous spider.  

This one is from Australia, so the odds are....?

• Like 2

tumblr_molb6f5SBd1qmf9gqo1_500.jpg.815c9a1774454b2e7671b80dbdce75c2.jpg

SHAWN? SHAWN, IT’S ME, MARY. CAN YOU HEAR ME?

JESUS, YOU GUYS, HE SMELLS LIKE A DISTILLERY. I’M GLAD HE PASSED THE BAR EXAM, BUT DID YOU HAVE TO LET HIM DRINK LIKE THIS? YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST TAKEN OFF HIS SHOES. OH, AND HE’S STILL GOT GUM IN HIS MOUTH. THAT’S JUST GREAT. HE COULD CHOKE.

SHAWN? SHAWN, IT’S MARY. YOU FELL ASLEEP WITH GUM IN YOUR MOUTH. I’M JUST GOING TO GET IT OUT FOR YOU, OKAY?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, sandrewn said:

tumblr_molb6f5SBd1qmf9gqo1_500.jpg.815c9a1774454b2e7671b80dbdce75c2.jpg

SHAWN? SHAWN, IT’S ME, MARY. CAN YOU HEAR ME?

JESUS, YOU GUYS, HE SMELLS LIKE A DISTILLERY. I’M GLAD HE PASSED THE BAR EXAM, BUT DID YOU HAVE TO LET HIM DRINK LIKE THIS? YOU COULD HAVE AT LEAST TAKEN OFF HIS SHOES. OH, AND HE’S STILL GOT GUM IN HIS MOUTH. THAT’S JUST GREAT. HE COULD CHOKE.

SHAWN? SHAWN, IT’S MARY. YOU FELL ASLEEP WITH GUM IN YOUR MOUTH. I’M JUST GOING TO GET IT OUT FOR YOU, OKAY?

Unless Mary is the spider that's talking to him, Shawn's got more problems than just having gum in his mouth.  

Edited by Bill W
  • Haha 2
43 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

This one is from Australia, so the odds are....?

Of course it would be from Australia.  Isn't that where 80% of the spider's live?  At least 80% of the poisonous spiders. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

20.-Australian-Spider.jpg

Australian Spider Matriphagy

Matriphagy has been observed in Australian spider species Diaea Ergandro. The mother allows her babies to suckle blood from her leg joints until she has weakened and (usually) dies. This prevents early cannibalism between the spiderlings and thus resulting in more of the clutch surviving.

The Venerable Elder Continent of the Earth Australian geology, the Geological History of Australia

• Wow 1

🤞32e55b6183f4c4328f2ae21a7da054de.jpg.e0242bcfe4fa178f9c6e18d39bbe86a7.jpg

" Bajo las rocas I " (Identificación aracnido)

The Southern Retama: "Under the Rocks I" (Aracnido Identification)

Just so you know, I try to always post a different/new spider picture( 🤞 ). Only once did I post a fake(glass) one. Some of the jokes are repeats, but unless you follow every day, the odds are you haven't noticed( 🤞 ).

Note: That glass one looked so real, I'll have figure out which one it was and and get back to you on it.

Thanks,

sandrewn

• Wow 1

0786da952730cfa4396341f5baa66741.jpg.0351965d758fc56c0ba237cae051bb65.jpg

Roly poly orb weaver (Xylethrus scrupeus)

Roly poly orb weaver (Xylethrus scrupeus) The ridiculously cute roly poly orb weaver that rolls itself up into a ball when threatened. It lets itself roll around when picked up on a leaf.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

b5bb9aa1d4865b46bade5559da728f95.jpg.c570e543a58e1dcb6e09751eb0436e50.jpg

Dysdera crocata.

The woodlouse spider (Dysdera crocata) is a species of spider that preys primarily upon woodlice. Other common names refer to variations on the common name of its prey, including woodlouse hunter, sowbug hunter, sowbug killer, pillbug hunter and slater spider.

Woodlouse Spider in the bathroom (Dysdera crocata) - YouTube

Woodlouse spider - Wikipedia

• Wow 1