Geeky Arguments

W_L

As I am stuck with a case of writer's block, I had a funny geek argument with a friend over the new CW Flash series (Yes, they are trying to do a version of the Flash focusing on "Barry Allen". The guy playing him is remembered for another role from Glee, which some of us will find very interesting :D )

I just thought that CW would hold back the Flash's full power and potential with the speed force, like time travel. That branched off into an argument about the new 52 DC universe, which can be blamed on the Flash.  

When it comes to comic book heroes, there's a lot of geeky arguments: Who will win in a fight Batman or Superman? Who is stronger Superman or Hulk? 

I think geek arguments are extremely fun and engaging, when it comes to trivial stuff. It is not based on real world issues, conflicts, or stuff that causes fist fights (well, unless you take the geek argument too far, then sure it can lead to that).

Geek arguments are everywhere and on any subject, so I wonder how many other people have geek arguments?

Here's some for you.  If the walking dead are zombies and not alive, why do they need to eat?  Do they also need to drink?  Do they still poop too? 

Here's some for you.  If the walking dead are zombies and not alive, why do they need to eat?  Do they also need to drink?  Do they still poop too?

Do they have zombie sex? Can there be gay zombies? Hmm..

is that like... which is Better Star wars or star Trek...

usually my friends and I don't have geek arguments, but just geeky conversations... and usually about Anime or something similar... hmmm I don't remember actually ever having a geek argument with my friends...

Edited by Celethiel

Oh these type of things come up all the time with my friends. Goes from comic books to book series, television shows to movies. They are fun because they are a shared experience.

Pacific Rim: is you have cool laser cannons, just weld four of them together and suspend them from helicopters near the portal thing rather than waiting for the alien monsters to get within spitting distance of a city.

Geeky arguments are a great way to test other peoples' passion for a topic while turning something semi-serious into light steam. Pop culture doesn't hook me (except a few robotech animes) but I recommend academic journals for fans of geek arguments - start with anything from www.nature.com

cheseburger_zpsfd8c1f57.jpg why does lolcat want cheeseburger? why not tuna, chicken or shrimps?

Maybe it's a creamy cheese and the buns are composed of two deep fried haddocks. That's my idea of surf and turf