Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

HMS Valiant

With the glorious anonymity of the internet.... you never know who you might be talking to! :wizard:

So, does this mean you have some thing you want to reveal to us, my Lord.

I want to state for the record, that I have never worked for the Gap stores. That I hold no shares in said company or have any interest in it for that matter. I have never even been to or bought anything from them. Four times in my last post I wrote GAP. I just looked at it again and saw my mistake. To Mark and all the readers of the CAP series, my apologies, no slight or insult was intended.

Sandrewn (with egg on my face)

So, does this mean you have some thing you want to reveal to us, my Lord.

Actually yes. In real life, I'm a 50 year old German trucker called Hans.

Edited by Westie

Cheers, um sie Hans (formerly known to us as Westie). Though not a peer, I wonder if Sir Elton is a clandestine follower of this series. :wizard:

One of these fine days you will wake up and 50 won't seem old to you!  Someone once said "Youth is wasted on the young." 

• Like 2

With the glorious anonymity of the internet.... you never know who you might be talking to! :wizard:

Well you know that old saying, "Once a king always a king, but once a (k)night is never enough.

One of these fine days you will wake up and 50 won't seem old to you!  Someone once said "Youth is wasted on the young." 

That was Sammuel Clemmons, more commonly known as Mark Twain. He also said, "When I was 17 I thought my father didn't know anything. When I was 21, I was AMAZED at how much he had learned in such a short time."

• Like 1

That was Sammuel Clemmons, more commonly known as Mark Twain. He also said, "When I was 17 I thought my father didn't know anything. When I was 21, I was AMAZED at how much he had learned in such a short time."

Thanks Ricky.  I love both of those quotes.  Welcome back my friend.

• Like 1

Thanks Ricky.  I love both of those quotes.  Welcome back my friend.

Thanks. I loved Vienna but I'm glad to be back home as well. The Palace was awesome. We also had a dinner function in the former home of Johann Strauss, another beautiful venue. I found a 500 Euro note on the floor during the event and received more than 500 Euro worth of accolades when I found the owner and returned it. I thought it odd and a little disconcerting that one should be recognized for doing the right thing. It makes one ask, what have we come to when doing what is right is not the norm but something recognizable. *sigh*

Edited by ricky
  • Like 1

I see that you've already broken your promise of posting one HMS Valiant per week siting exams. Yet you managed to spit out three Flux chapters!

That has to do with a couple of factors:

1.  Valiant chapters take a lot longer to write (and more effort) than Flux chapters, solely do to the research.

2.  I am at the end of a semester, and don't have much time.

3.  The writing and posting of chapters is not something that happens in a day.  It takes time.  The reason you're still seeing Flux chapters is because I had some in the mill, going through editing, etc.  If you ask my team, they'll tell you it's been a bit since they've seen a draft from either story, and it's likely to stay that way for a week or two.

• Like 1

I see that you've already broken your promise of posting one HMS Valiant per week siting exams. Yet you managed to spit out three Flux chapters!

In fairness, Mark did give forewarning in the blurb of the last chapter that this might be delayed.

• Like 2

Relax Mark, we still love ya. If i wasn't good no one would bug ya. And as for the comments on the chapter I go directly to the chapter so I never see those. But I know Mark has a lot of stuff to do. After 6.5 books I think we're pretty used to it. Do what you have to do Mark, we're grateful for your gift whenever it appears. And waiting a little bit now and then just makes it taste that much sweeter when it arrives.

Be well.

:glomp:

• Like 3

That has to do with a couple of factors:

If you ask my team, they'll tell you it's been a bit since they've seen a draft from either story, and it's likely to stay that way for a week or two.

I vote for 'or two'. :)

• Like 1

Ya, I KNOW what I said. but I'm startin' ta get the shakes.

BTW, the next stop after DC, is Buenos Aires, then Berlin.

Liking this new client.

Nice way to pass the time, Rickster.

I vote for 'or two'. :)

Exactly how many times did you vote?  We all realize now that 'or two' would have been a welcome outcome.

I can't help looking everyday for the next chapter.

• Like 3

So, recently, to fit in with a little project of my own, I have been doing a little light reading on a few little items. One of the things I have come across only today is a book called "the wooden world" by N. A. M Rodger. While not nearly as scholarly as Anson's thorough (though not entirely accurate) work on the Royal Navy, "The Wooden World" is has just the right balance of readability and detail for me to recommend it as a thoroughly good read for anyone interested in the anatomy of the Georgian Royal Navy.

Just a little thought on this glorious sunshine-y day....

West

So, recently, to fit in with a little project of my own, I have been doing a little light reading on a few little items. One of the things I have come across only today is a book called "the wooden world" by N. A. M Rodger. While not nearly as scholarly as Anson's thorough (though not entirely accurate) work on the Royal Navy, "The Wooden World" is has just the right balance of readability and detail for me to recommend it as a thoroughly good read for anyone interested in the anatomy of the Georgian Royal Navy.

Just a little thought on this glorious sunshine-y day....

West

Thanks! I't's not  . . . in like big block Hebrew or something is it? Sounds ancient. :P

Thanks! I't's not  . . . in like big block Hebrew or something is it? Sounds ancient. :P

No more ancient than many venerable members here.... it was written in 1986

Dizzy and faint, starting to have muscle tremors Mark

(pssst, somebody look, is he buying it?)

You know as much as I wish we could hurry up Mark for a Granger post I know it takes a lot more work for a granger post than a CAP post.  They really can't be compared.  It is like comparing Mercedes S-Class (Granger) and a Ford Focus (CAP).  Just one man's opinion.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..