Because all boys like toys

Celethiel

• Site Moderator

There are places over here that operate steam excursions.

One example of this was seen on one of the History Channels. The hour long program was about a steam train excursion in Colorado. It begins with prepping the train for it journey, getting to its starting point, the loading of passengers, and then the trip to ending point. This is an annual event for this excursion as it is taking people to the largest rodeo event in that state.

I think I've ridden something old like that, not that old and it was very noisy. I prefer the electric one unless I'm in the locomotive... it's so much fun there and you can have the shovel. :P

• Like 1

You think they will re-enact the east meets west with the two trains

who's bringing the gold spike?

Restoration is expected to take three to five years. The railroad would like to have the Big Boy operating by 2019 for the 150th anniversary of the driving of the Golden Spike in Utah, which linked the Union Pacific with the Central Pacific and completed the first transcontinental railroad.

HP-GALLERY-SOUTHERN-PACIFIC-PROMONTORY-P

1115_NWS_IDB_L-Allen-15.jpg

UP_steam_loco.jpg

CP_steam_loco.jpg

Edited by hh5