Michael Sam's acceptance of the Arthur Ashe award at the 2014 Espy

I saw this the other night and it's available on youtube which I posted below.  While I believe he had a little professional help in crafting his speech, the emotion he displayed was real and he certainly is a fine example of a Mizzou and Rams football product.  I just hope he can deliver on the field.    DDK

The Youtube link was removed.  Here is a link to the video on ESPN which actually owns the video.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11225559

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Sadly, he got cut 2 days ago.

The Rams got a lot of free press drafting him and there's relatively little press with them tossing him (in the same year and as one of the last roster cuts).

Well as for me, I am dropping my Rams DST line on my fantasy Football team :P

Edited by W_L

The reason the Rams got so little flack about cutting Michael Sam was that their line was already so deep.  Sam wasn't cut because he was gay, he was cut because bigger guys with as much talent made more sense.  

The reason the Rams got so little flack about cutting Michael Sam was that their line was already so deep.  Sam wasn't cut because he was gay, he was cut because bigger guys with as much talent made more sense.  

1-3 Record ain't something I'd be happy with; though I know they lost guys in the first few games.

I agree with you on pure stats; I like the Rams, but there is just too much movement and re-organization in their line up. Also, I am not impressed by Hill's performance as QB.

• Site Administrator

Didn't I hear the Cowboys were looking to pick him up?

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/09/04/jerry-jones-michael-sam-is-not-ready-to-go-at-all/

Short answer, yes, but don't expect him to play any time soon. They think he still needs more work before he'll be able to play at the required level.

• Like 1