[Sasha Distan] Lonely At The Top

Does Ashlee know about Clem being raped? because if not, he may not just get yelled at when he apologizes.

I really loved the last chapter, but I'm quite jittery about what's going to happen with Taylor, much more so than I usually am with the lead's partner.

Does Ashlee know about Clem being raped? because if not, he may not just get yelled at when he apologizes.

I really loved the last chapter, but I'm quite jittery about what's going to happen with Taylor, much more so than I usually am with the lead's partner.

No, Ashlee doesn't know. Partially because what I said during Ladies' Man is true, for a very long time, neither Nate nor Clem saw what happened as rape. Nathan does now, because he has dwelled on it in the back of his mind, but for Clem, it is a moment in the past he has all but forgotten about. Enough good has happened to him that the violence of what Nathan did is superseded by him being a dickhead.

Don't worry; I'll be with you every step of the way. Just like Taylor

• Like 2

I loved the final chapter. Nathan knows all the things it takes to gentle a colt. What really struck a chord with me were the similarities between that and how Taylor handled Nathan, particularly in the intimate scene. Just as a colt has to overcome their instincts and take that leap of trust in their trainer/handler, so did Nathan have to, in order to learn something new. Was Nathan a skittish colt? Yeah... but he was willing to learn and like all skittish colts, with patience and a soft touch, they become something else entirely. Taylor appears to be as masterful at positive reinforcement with Nathan, as Nathan is with his charges. They make a good match. Cheers...well done, Sasha...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I like that what was said between Nate and Clem & Ashlee remains unknown to us, it is private to them as is their future while we step away ...

Out of likes but I agree dugh. The story really isn't about Clem and Ashlee... It is about a lost and lonely man finding his place and his peace as a gay man... with someone who likely won't please Nathan's father... but is perfect for Nathan. You are right to like the privacy of that interaction. It would have taken the focus away from the gesture Nathan has found the strength to make. That is the real point.

• Like 1

I just like that none of it was an insta-fix. There is too much going on with Nate, even now, that it could not all be resolved realistically in those 5 chapters. We do get to see him take his first steps on the right path, with Taylor and Caymen at his side.

• Like 1

I can see Nate eventually getting the confidence to strike out on his own, get a small piece of land and going into direct competition with his dad in raising and selling stock. But that is a long way (and a lot of therapy  sessions) off.

• Like 1

I like that what was said between Nate and Clem & Ashlee remains unknown to us, it is private to them as is their future while we step away ...

Out of likes but I agree dugh. The story really isn't about Clem and Ashlee... It is about a lost and lonely man finding his place and his peace as a gay man... with someone who likely won't please Nathan's father... but is perfect for Nathan. You are right to like the privacy of that interaction. It would have taken the focus away from the gesture Nathan has found the strength to make. That is the real point.

:heart:  :yes:

thanks. the boys have to have their privacy.

I can see Nate eventually getting the confidence to strike out on his own, get a small piece of land and going into direct competition with his dad in raising and selling stock. But that is a long way (and a lot of therapy  sessions) off.

I'm not so sure Nathan's ever going to be able to really strike out on his own. but maybe his Father will suffer an early heart attack or something...

Sad that we ponder one person's demise in order for another to be happy ...

Yes, but understandable.

There are memories Nathan will always love, times when his father was the most important man on the planet: teaching him to drive, teaching him to ride, showing him the birth of a foal, putting his first cowboy hat on his head at his first rodeo... Nathan's father smiled with pride when his son broke in Cayman all by himself; and those are the things Nathan will always love his father for, the things which will keep him from leaving.

But he will not be sad in five years time when his father has a heart attack, not truly sad anyway, because as Cole Senior's health degrades he will take steps back from running the farm, will become more tolerant as his strength lessens, and one night when his heart fails him again, Nathan will cry for hours for the man he lost. but he won't cry at his father's funeral, because he will stand by the graveside and remember the man his father became, the awful way he often was, and even though he is sad, a weight will lift from his chest, because he will finally be free.

• Like 4

Yes, but understandable.

There are memories Nathan will always love, times when his father was the most important man on the planet: teaching him to drive, teaching him to ride, showing him the birth of a foal, putting his first cowboy hat on his head at his first rodeo... Nathan's father smiled with pride when his son broke in Cayman all by himself; and those are the things Nathan will always love his father for, the things which will keep him from leaving.

But he will not be sad in five years time when his father has a heart attack, not truly sad anyway, because as Cole Senior's health degrades he will take steps back from running the farm, will become more tolerant as his strength lessens, and one night when his heart fails him again, Nathan will cry for hours for the man he lost. but he won't cry at his father's funeral, because he will stand by the graveside and remember the man his father became, the awful way he often was, and even though he is sad, a weight will lift from his chest, because he will finally be free.

You can even make me cry from your postings... thank you for this epilogue of sorts... it felt like it came from a very real place... Cheers, Sasha....Gary

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Oh Sasha, I think I understand. I have often said that I love my father because he is my father but I don't particularly like him.

I love my father, who was my stepfather, and I liked many things about him... but the man was just a man... and he had his flaws... I didn't pattern myself after him at all... but in his own weird way, he helped me a better father and I must thank him for that. Fathers are human beings, with all that entails... as long as they try, their shortcomings should be expected and accepted. I have come to grips with that and am the happier for it... Just saying...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

You are correct Gary in that we are meerly human. Dad did some very hurtful things to me, my sister and more importantly my mother. He, however, taught me that I was to look after my mother and sister and protect them because that was what a man should do. I can remember at the age of 13 standing between dad and mother, in essence a pup barking furiously at the old dog, in defense of mother when he was being particularly cruel. Nearly got me killed until he realized what he was about to do. He's my dad and I love him and yeah I've come to better understand but I don't have to like him.

• Like 2
  • Love 1