Ideal Chapter Length

it's guy thing, Clo. Like pissing in the shower.

INSOMNIA SUCKS!!!

lol

Arg I know I stayed up all night with Drew, I'm paying it now. I really feel that I'm not 20 anymore...

• Like 1

Back to the topic at hand: I really have nothing much too add that hasn't already been said. There is no "standard" length, so it is up to you how long you want your chapters :)

I am looking forward to your story Builder! Best of Luck! :hug:

Edited by Drew Espinosa
  • Like 1

Thanks, Drew! :)

Alright, I've posted the prologue and the first part of Act I. Big thanks go to my team (god, how weird does that sound lol) for helping me polish it up for GA! Hope people enjoy it so far (when it moves out of moderation that is)  :*)

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

For a novel, I go with right around 7000 words, but I've gone 2000 words high or low on occasion, breaking whenever the scene needed to shift and it seemed like a good point to stop. Coming from TV, I kind of look upon a chapter as a commercial break, but there's an art to making it feel natural and unforced. I also create scene transitions within each chapter, and every writer has a different way to handle that -- sometimes with descriptions, sometimes with dialogue, sometimes with a combination, sometimes a change in location... there's lots of ways to make it work.