[Topher_Lydon] Book III : The Lion's Pride

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:worship::2thumbs::great:

Nice work Chirs, very nice work. Cant wait for Book IV.

:nuke: *Spoilers* :nuke:

Cant wait to see what will happen in the next series. What will Darien do after Evans' surrendered to the Gorean Empire. What Lex has in plan for Rikard. Oh If and when will Darien will ask Edward/Matt to marry him (i still vote, Klaxons blaring and Asmus Armada on thier tail). So many deaths in this series, The one that really got to me was the death of Firlotte.

Really liked this book Chris.

Jules

PS Noticed a mistake with "James" name on page 438, hehe (It was spelled "Jaems")

I loved it. I cant wait to see how many things are resolved in the fourth book. i like how people like Rikard were explained it makes me want genetic engeerning outlawed. i cant to see who this Pertrov is since rikars seemed to not be afraid of him but knew that he could mess up her plans. I knew something like this would happen with Laren kinda made me sad but at least you didnt kill her off. all in all i was great reading. :D

I loved it. I cant wait to see how many things are resolved in the fourth book. i like how people like Rikard were explained it makes me want genetic engeerning outlawed. i cant to see who this Pertrov is since rikars seemed to not be afraid of him but knew that he could mess up her plans. I knew something like this would happen with Laren kinda made me sad but at least you didnt kill her off. all in all i was great reading. :D

Outlaw genetic engineering??? when you could become a god. its not an opportunity i would turn down.

...Aside from it being kinda wrong for a nation-state to restrict the freedom of scientific research without clear evidence of there being a danger to the public.

No offence to Chris, of course, but i do not consider these books to be sufficient evidence that genetic engineering is dangerous... nor do i consider these books to be evidence that you could use genetic engineering to impart supernatural powers on people!

As a matter of fact my books are not about evolving the few. But about evolving the many.

If you remember, VonGrippen saw this gift as belonging to humanity.

The bishops saw it as a means of controlling the masses.

Rikard saw it as his path to personal power.

Kardiac saw it as the divinity of his god.

As a matter of fact my books are not about evolving the few. But about evolving the many.

If you remember, VonGrippen saw this gift as belonging to humanity.

The bishops saw it as a means of controlling the masses.

Rikard saw it as his path to personal power.

Kardiac saw it as the divinity of his god.

Well i'm not entirely sure of the merits of evolving the many. In an ideal world that would be the ultimate ideal however in the current world there are namy people who would not deserve such a gift or who would squander it.

Well i'm not entirely sure of the merits of evolving the many. In an ideal world that would be the ultimate ideal however in the current world there are namy people who would not deserve such a gift or who would squander it.

But ultimately that is up to them, and thier choices on what to do.

Take Edward, the opposite of Rikard in so many ways. Proving in that little way of his that he doens't particularly care that he has this power, instead he wants to still be him.

The scene with the tie for example.

Ahh, so who gets to decide which people are 'deserving', or 'worthy'? etc.

So feedback or I don't write the fourth :P

==================

Hey....I mentiontioned the Mint chocolate chip :lmao:

and that was only after I bought SOTW(downloaded it) cause it's not all posted, and by the way, I would buy it again in a hartbeat. I am only on page 371 of TLP but so far I can say that I'm loving it.

TLP was very good, it built on what the previous books had created, but took it to a whole new level which was great because the previous books were already so good.

I like Edwards level of confidence of Elias's, plus their similarities make them mould into one person well, while still drawing on their unique talents to create one person.

Lex is potentially far more dangerous than Rikard could ever be, however I doubt Rikard is out of the game yet, he always seems to have something up his sleeve.

Evans is on track to get eaten whole by a Gorean like I suggested, if it happens it'll be a funny scene no doubt, along the lines of the Rikard/Darien construct scene, that had me laughing hard for ages, though the construct being killed does take some of the humour away, however it was necessary part of the story.

The Gorean's are in for a bit of an arse kicking if Darien has to fight them, the re-aquired propylons will insure that.

James is a favourite character now, plus Katz has grown on me, with more insight into him it's shown he's more than just a flyboy.

I finished the book on saturday, but is it to early to ask for The Balance of Judgement?

• 11 months later...
It's a pity I can't read TLP online.

Now I have to find my way around my online buying problem. I really need to know what happens. Lol :)

I have an extra copy if you are interested...

who else thinks that Lex Talionis is one of the the greatest villains ever? seriously, he's like deliciously evil. but to him, his intentions are good. he's like the Magneto character, doing what he thinks is right, regardless of how many he hurts in the process. the picture of the perfect villain. who agrees?

• 1 month later...

After one or two shocking spoilers up above, I've totally skipped down just to post. DAMN YOU CHRISTOPHER P. LYDON for being a GENIUS! I can't read The Lion's Pride for another couple of days... now that I can see why it never showed up under the second book... hehe. Once I get paid, tank up at the gas station, and pay for other much needed things... I'll be sure to get a hold of the third book. Damnit... leaving the series with that last f**king line is going to drive me INSANE! I'm on the verge of tears! I'll wake up early on Saturday and get my finances squared away just for this!

After one or two shocking spoilers up above, I've totally skipped down just to post. DAMN YOU CHRISTOPHER P. LYDON for being a GENIUS! I can't read The Lion's Pride for another couple of days... now that I can see why it never showed up under the second book... hehe. Once I get paid, tank up at the gas station, and pay for other much needed things... I'll be sure to get a hold of the third book. Damnit... leaving the series with that last f**king line is going to drive me INSANE! I'm on the verge of tears! I'll wake up early on Saturday and get my finances squared away just for this!

I got it from what was that web page ...oh yeah crvboy.org yeah I'm now reading Queen of Ice.