[dkstories] Dan may be prophetic

Dan I saw this article today and thought of you.

Professor Predicts Human Time Travel This Century

Ronald Mallett, Professor at the University of Connecticut, has used Einstein

Edited by Ghstwolf62
Dan I saw this article today and thought of you.

Professor Predicts Human Time Travel This Century

Ronald Mallett, Professor at the University of Connecticut, has used Einstein

Isn't the little device on the picture Wells' time machine ?

Now we know what to offer Dan for his next birthday. ^^

But if this guy's right with the grandfather paradox, he just killed a whole section of SF Litterature. O_o

Yes I think it is Well's time machine. Somehow after writing about Davey and his trevails I'm not sure Dan would appreciate the gift.

Interesting...... :whistle: I bet the US govt and other govt would like to get their hands on the machine once its theory proved workable :devil:

Hey, perhaps it's gonna be a household item one day. With time patrol police established, etc.. :lol:

Cheers!

Rad

I wouldn't be surprised if the government was already monitoring things to say the least. I'm just surprised this guy was allowed to go public with the info.

Here's a case of it working the other way...one of my plotlines for the last segment of Dawn of Tears was the complete censorship of the scientific community by the Powers that Be...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0502150_pf.html

So here's a great story idea of mine...but it's already happening in reality so I don't know if I'll write about it...(um not saying I won't write out Dawn of Tears...just that I may not include the censoring of scientists as a plot point).

Wow,

I have just finished reading Dawn of Tears and I must say it kind of scares me to think that the religous right could one day control this country. Now after reading the Washington Post artical, I realize Dan is on of those people who dreams of the real future of this world.

I just hope, that we has a people, don't forget that we are the ones who elect the goverenment. I applaud Dan for working with an organzation that helps the liberal minded of us succeed in getting elected.

Mark

Well, I found this wonderful golden oldie today...

take a peek and enjoy...it's a wonderful little film just waiting to be re-made in these modern times (um, there's a cute guy in there)

Jimmy played baseball all afternoon...

Beware Jimmy, you never know when the DanKirk is about! O_O

I wonder how much the guy playing the pedophile has been paid. Anyway, etymology has sure made some tremendous progress since then.

I actually remembered hearing about that video when I was a kid. My father looked up trying to get it...it was paid for by the US Government as a Public Service Announcement during the 1950's...

he wanted to show it to the church youth group...since the schools stopped showing 'good' videos like it... :)

he use to rent these old PSA's and show them all the time...but yeah...I heard Jimmy and Baseball and started laughing...just beware of a future Service chapter with Jimmy hitchhiking his way to baseball practice...

But weren't they forbidden by that time ? I mean other than having some kind of historic values, I'm surprised that those films didn't mean trouble in the 70s-80s.

First movie my mom dragged me to, was a rerun of Superman when I was 6. I now wonder if there was a hidden meaning to that. O_o

Speaking of Prophetic, I bought up another (there do seem to be a lot!) example over in Dan's "Mists of Fat" forum, regarding something in "The Wreckers", Dan's published book.

Short version: In the book, Dan portrays a real-world election as having already occurred, along with the outcome that actually occurred. Not too unusual, except for the fact that he wrote that (and it was in the online version) long before said election actually occurred! :blink::blink::blink::blink: