the few, the proud, the geeks!

We are the people that make the trains run on time.

Not really. Some of us have never seen a passenger train. That's just a metaphor; another way of saying we make things work.

People call us geeks or tekkies. They really have no idea how much they depend on us to keep all of their thingamajigs and whatsits online, working and not bursting into flames.

This is our play ground: science, technology, our toys, our tricks and traps.

Let us know about interesting science, new tech or useful software.

If its shiny, fun or useful and catches your eye, post it here.

geek.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator

I've been fortunate enough to ride two passenger trains in my lifetime. The James Whitcome Reilly/Cardinal and the Broadway Limited. In fact, my lisence plate on the Jeep is a rendering of the steam version going thru Horseshoe Bend in PA.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I've been commuting by train for more than 40 years--first the Chicago Transit Authority and for the last couple of decades the Metra Union Pacific North Line from Chicago. It's great to see the slow traffic on the Kennedy Expressway from my train seat 😁.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

I've taken the train from Buffalo to Albany a few times and I also took the train from Buffalo to Chicago once.  I like train travel. :)