Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Feature Request: A way to Delete a Story/Chapter

Brayon
Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I would like to request a way to delete stories or chapters that Authors can use, if it's possible. I know you've given us the ability to "unpublish" such, and I've used it before, but would love to be able to delete the content, without having to bug the staff.

( I have 2 chapters and 1 story that I've got sitting unpublished, that I would love to delete, but feel like I'm bugging the staff, if I request deletion. You're time can be used elsewhere, than doing that minor deletion.)

• Site Administrator

I have to echo Myr's statements, especially dealing with the support requests and other messages of "Where did this go?" It can get really old, really fast. Not because it's hard to answer the question, but because we get all the alerts and sometimes struggle to check them as soon as possible to make sure there isn't a serious issue just to get our third "Hey, I can't find..." message of the day, for instance. Another issue Myr didn't mention is authors misusing the site to polish works before they publish. This doesn't necessarily mean we don't allow people to remove works for published--we do--but we feel like authors might be more prone to removing content for this reason if they don't have to request it from staff. 

And, to me, it's not a bother to have requests for deletion. It's not all that frequent, so it isn't an undue burden as far as site work goes. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

@Myr and @Cia, I really didn't think of that, when I put the request in, and I totally understand now. Please disregard the request. :)

Thanks for bringing up the question, @BHopper2 . It is good to revisit this issue so that there is a better appreciation for the processes in place. New authors to the site might not always know why certain things are the way they are even though Myr and Cia do document these reasons.

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..