New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

robbie1042

I didn't really see a place for new member intros, so I guess I'll just leave one here.

For those who have some type of Latin background, you can probably tell that my account name means "my unknown name". The last time I was on this forum was when I was 17 and didn't want anyone to know about my sexuality, not even the people here. I never really understood why I was so scared of you people knowing. Anyway, I'm going to change that about myself and let you all know that my name is Robert. :)

I'm hoping to be around here more often and possibly get to know some of you better. I don't really have many gay friends. I'm not really a part of the "scene" and I feel a bit isolated. By coming back here, hopefully, I can change that.

So, here's to new beginnings. I hope you'll accept me as I accept all of you. :)

Hello Robert! Hope you find a home here (again)! :D

There's actually a thread here where new members can post their hellos.

Either way, welcome! :D

P.S. Unless I'm mistaken, you're name is in the wrong gender hehe (unless you really are an "it" haha). Could be wrong though.

Or perhaps I'm just not computer Savvy. ;)

I'm a NZer living in Berlin, and a writer. I write a variety of stories, but my last couple have involved gay storylines. I guess I wanted a place to come that would be supportive in that endeavour.

Any recommendations where to start?

Cheers,

Anyta

Hello, welcome to gay authors!!!! i do believe you came to the right place. Enjoy you're stay. as to the question of where to start, you have already accomplished the task of where to start. you can find a lot of authors on the chat, or lurking in forums. So all in all just don't be shy and let people help you.

Hey Robert! Welcome to GA Or rather welcome back! I promise once you get to know us we will force you to join the family! If you want someone to talk to just stop by my page and say hello! :D

Or perhaps I'm just not computer Savvy. ;)

I'm a NZer living in Berlin, and a writer. I write a variety of stories, but my last couple have involved gay storylines. I guess I wanted a place to come that would be supportive in that endeavour.

Any recommendations where to start?

Cheers,

Anyta

Hey Anyta. Are you looking for stories that might inspire your writing? If you're looking for something to read, hosted authors are usually a safe place to start. I've only read a few like Dom Luka (Moving Real Life Situations) and dkstories (A Lot of Sci-Fi/Fantasy). Depends what you're after really.

If I'm not mistaken, ricky should be sending you a list of his recommendations soon. I really should start one of my own haha but I don't want to recheck all the things I've read. :P

If you're interested in posting your stories then head over to the efiction page and make an account. :)

Hello, welcome to gay authors!!!! i do believe you came to the right place. Enjoy you're stay. as to the question of where to start, you have already accomplished the task of where to start. you can find a lot of authors on the chat, or lurking in forums. So all in all just don't be shy and let people help you.

Thanks. I'm feeling pretty welcome here which is great. :D

Hey Anyta. Are you looking for stories that might inspire your writing? If you're looking for something to read, hosted authors are usually a safe place to start. I've only read a few like Dom Luka (Moving Real Life Situations) and dkstories (A Lot of Sci-Fi/Fantasy). Depends what you're after really.

If I'm not mistaken, ricky should be sending you a list of his recommendations soon. I really should start one of my own haha but I don't want to recheck all the things I've read. :P

If you're interested in posting your stories then head over to the efiction page and make an account. :)

Thanks, this is really helpful. You're awesome. :) And to answer your question, I actually have a rough idea in my head that I need expanding on, and to do more research on. I was hoping someone out there could give me tips on where to find solid up-to-date info on HIV-- I intend to write a gay romance (go happy endings!) with my MC positive--but when I started writing I realized it sounded sorta dated :S. Don't want that.

Maybe I'd ought to stick this up on a forum.

Edited by Anyta

Welcome, welcome everyone :) Feeling old now :( NAH... I'm NEVER going to get old. I'm immortal dontcha know. So be careful to protect your necks when I'm around :P

Thanks, this is really helpful. You're awesome. :) And to answer your question, I actually have a rough idea in my head that I need expanding on, and to do more research on. I was hoping someone out there could give me tips on where to find solid up-to-date info on HIV-- I intend to write a gay romance (go happy endings!) with my MC positive--but when I started writing I realized it sounded sorta dated :S. Don't want that.

Maybe I'd ought to stick this up on a forum.

You're welcome. :)

About the HIV source, you might have more luck if you put up a post in the Writer's Corner Forum or maybe in The Lounge. Not quite sure where it is more applicable. :)

I suppose I should probably introduce myself here though heck knows I'm so lax at this kind of thing.

My (real) name is Hamish, I'm 28, live in Hamilton, New Zealand, and have been bouncing through various types of job and tertiary education thus far in life. I have a little background in tech support and programming and my work is mostly centred around that but my interests lie in other less productive and more whimsical stuff; MMORPGs, fantasy/sci-fi books, movies of all kinds, politics -- to name a few.

I've been reading gay-themed literature on the 'net since I discovered my sexuality when I was 18 and was lucky enough to begin with Comicality's fare, which opened an entire world of imagination and amazement to me; not just because it was part of a catalyst in self-discovery as far as sexuality went but also to prove that other people had the same kinds of dreams as me and it made me feel very much less alone that I did before.

I also have asperger's syndrome. It's a form of higher functioning autism and it brings its own little collection of problems with it and sometimes makes my reactions to stuff a bit weird. I just wanted to mention it 'cause I don't want people to think I'm a total spaz. Not that I think anyone here would be judgmental but ... knowing can change things. So I'm gonna apologise in advance for that.

Oh and also to say thanks to those guys that welcomed me initially - Nephylim, Mark Arbour and Nightowl ... thanks so much you guys!

I suppose I should probably introduce myself here though heck knows I'm so lax at this kind of thing.

My (real) name is Hamish, I'm 28, live in Hamilton, New Zealand, and have been bouncing through various types of job and tertiary education thus far in life. I have a little background in tech support and programming and my work is mostly centred around that but my interests lie in other less productive and more whimsical stuff; MMORPGs, fantasy/sci-fi books, movies of all kinds, politics -- to name a few.

I've been reading gay-themed literature on the 'net since I discovered my sexuality when I was 18 and was lucky enough to begin with Comicality's fare, which opened an entire world of imagination and amazement to me; not just because it was part of a catalyst in self-discovery as far as sexuality went but also to prove that other people had the same kinds of dreams as me and it made me feel very much less alone that I did before.

I also have asperger's syndrome. It's a form of higher functioning autism and it brings its own little collection of problems with it and sometimes makes my reactions to stuff a bit weird. I just wanted to mention it 'cause I don't want people to think I'm a total spaz. Not that I think anyone here would be judgmental but ... knowing can change things. So I'm gonna apologise in advance for that.

Oh and also to say thanks to those guys that welcomed me initially - Nephylim, Mark Arbour and Nightowl ... thanks so much you guys!

Nephy's right. You will fit right in here. Most of us are using that higher functioning part anyways. lol

Be welcome and have fun.

I've been lurking around for a few months now so i thought i'd just introduce myself.

My actual name is Supriya, i'm 17, live in Sydney and i'm an e-fiction-reading addict. It's kind of horrible in that i never get any actual work done at home because i'm constantly distracted. As soon as i finish a story, half an hour later i'm reading something else i've found. It's been that way since i was probably 11/12 and obsessed with Harry Potter fanfiction :blink:

I'm also a bit of a dork (Doctor Who! Battlestar Galactica! and a bunch of other less dorky shows; weeds, dexter, chuck, hustle, buffy...) and a huge music lover. HUGE. Also love art and history. Hoping to become a graphic designer one day.

I have this awful habit of just not sleeping enough and thinking there are a million better things to do with my time. I'm one of those "i'll sleep when i'm dead" people, although i usually end up feeling dead in the morning. (it's nearly 4am so i'll definately be feeling it later)

My brother once told me "only boring people say they're bored" so ever since then i've found hundreds of ridiculous ways to entertain myself and it's probably why i'm interested in so many other different things as well.

That's me in a nutshell, i guess.

BOO!

• Like 1

Hey guys, i'm Matt and i live in the North-West of England near Manchester, as you can probably tell from my information to the left i've been lurking here for a long time, but only started posting on here.. about 3 days ago.

I'm currently writing a story which is... going well, i suppose :P

Anyway, great to meet you all :)