[Lugh] Erebi Seeking Friday Part 4

Lugh:

I just read Erebi Seeking Friday Part 4. It was very good, as usual. You always do a nice job of keeping us completely on edge and worried about our favorite characters - like Jove.

First, let me get this off my chest. I do not like William, nor do I like Rachel. I'm CERTAIN that I'm not alone there.

What don't I like about William? I know he's going to be trouble. Micah is the one that is better for Jove, and William is clearly taking advantage of the situation. You can just sense trouble with him. He's going to be bad for Jove. No doubt about it. :(

Rachel I am mad at from the previous chapter. That hellish dinner with Cliff and Hunter where she was a total bitch. How many of us wanted to reach in and SLAP her? :angry:

I volunteer her to go to Juvie for a change - see how she likes that!

Okay - I feel better. :boy:

Nice chapter Lugh. You have awesome creative talent. I really enjoy reading your work. Keep Erebi Seeking going. We love it.

Centaur

Great chapter, Lugh! :2thumbs:

I'm a little concerned for Jove at this point. It strikes me that Jove's "challenge" to William was not the best tactic to use on William (something like....you have my contract, not my cooperation). William's holding all the cards right now.

I don't see William as the bad guy, not just yet anyway. Yes, he does seem the heartless businessman, but then again that's what businessmen do, well, the ones that prosper anyways. I can't see William gift wrapping Jove and sending him back to Micah just to be a nice guy. I guess we'll see how good a businessman Micah is.

The exact nature of Jove's father's death has added more intrigue to the story.

How about next chapter there are several paragraphs of Jove telling William how exactly Micah satisfied his burning? :P:devil::wub:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

I don't see William as the bad guy, not just yet anyway. Yes, he does seem the heartless businessman, but then again that's what businessmen do, well, the ones that prosper anyways. I can't see William gift wrapping Jove and sending him back to Micah just to be a nice guy. I guess we'll see how good a businessman Micah is.

Ah, but this is where I think Lugh is luring us down this path. I have a gut feeling about William. You're right that he holds the cards, but something tells me he is going to make life REALLY uncomfortable for Jove. You could just feel it as the chapter ended.

But, leave it to Lugh to keep us in the lurch and make us sweat while we wait!

I'd have to side with Centaur on this one. I like the way Micah and Jove have worked together so far, and would really like to see that continue.

William put up a good front with Elaina, but my instincts say he's an ass. He seems much more concerned about his own need to feel powerful, rather than giving any care for the needs of his erebus. Micah, on the other hand, seems to look at the relationship as more of a partnership where both parties are getting their needs met in ways that are mutually beneficial.

William obvioulsy knows something about what he's doing since he's the one who trained Micah, but that still doesn't make me want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Rachel being a bitch goes without saying.

Wes

I have mixed feelings about William. I agree completely that his character is definately coming off as an as*, but at the same time I keep remembering and thinking that he trained Micah and I really do like Micah's character. Micah couldn't be a classic "good guy" without some prior influence could he? So I'm still thinking/hoping that William isn't the heartless twirp that I think he is.

I'm probably off base with this thought, but is it possible that William's character will help Jove grow up a little more? I mean, yes he displays a great deal of maturity but the fact is he is still a boy who has suddenly been thrust into the nasty realm of adulthood without much gudiance all the while dealing with a lot of personal revelations. I think he's found someone he can trust and love with Micah...but will their relationship be able to develop even further if he sees himself more as an equal partner and less as a subserveant individual?? I'm pretty sure by reading earlier comments that others agree that Micah may see their relationship more as a partnership, but it would probably (IMO ;) ) be an even better relationship if Jobe were able to see their relaitionship in the same light? lol I don't know...just a thought. :)

To sum it up...I love the story...love Jove...and really want to hate William...but I'm holding out final judgement on him. ;)

HAHA Oh! And I love Jove's 2nd to last parting shot to William in the last chapter..."So are you going to rape me now??" (not an exact quote :( but pretty close)

- Kaiten :)

Edited by buttershots

There's no doubt in my mind that all us romantics want to see Jove and Micah together, as in "happily ever after" kind of together. :wub: So, Lugh, you're on notice. :2hands: Just so you know, I have access to professional stalkers. :P

The irony for William must be overwhelming. He's been mentoring Micah on training an erebi who turns out to be his. If William's ego kicks in (and it looks like it has), it's going to be a wee bit painful for Jove. :(

I'm dying to see what Micah's reaction is going to be to all this. His mentor holds the contract on Jove. In fact, he still thinks Jove is Hunter.

More, Lugh, more.

Hugs,

Well yeah I think most of us want michah and Jivanni toghether and being a romantic I hope we will end up their. William seems at this point like a very competent Master type and I am not sensing anything sinister at this point. The death of the father now has more focus. And where and how will this all shake with micah? I really love this story and all of the Lugh ites I have digested so far.. Pax Steve.. S/V Gandalf :2thumbs:

I'm dying to see what Micah's reaction is going to be to all this. His mentor holds the contract on Jove. In fact, he still thinks Jove is Hunter.

More, Lugh, more.

Hugs,

Hey Connor,

Just a minor detail, but Micah figured out at the debate that the kid he thought was Hunter was really Jove. I'm not sure he's figured out that Jove is short for Jiovanni, or he probably would have been a little more panicked, realizing he was already spoken for by William.

Wes.

Hey Connor,

Just a minor detail, but Micah figured out at the debate that the kid he thought was Hunter was really Jove. I'm not sure he's figured out that Jove is short for Jiovanni, or he probably would have been a little more panicked, realizing he was already spoken for by William.

Wes.

Now listen up, Wes! :angry: Don't go messing with my reality. You read your story, I'll read mine. :P

By the way, that's Conner with an "er", thank you very much. :2hands:

Hmmmm....I'm going to have to redo my book report. :(

Hugs,

Now listen up, Wes! :angry: Don't go messing with my reality. You read your story, I'll read mine. :P

By the way, that's Conner with an "er", thank you very much. :2hands:

Hmmmm....I'm going to have to redo my book report. :(

Hugs,

I'm sorry, Conner. :hug: I din't mean to screw up your name. :(

It's got to be that US-Canadian exchange rate acting up again. You guys up there must have only got .90 of the story....

And book reports at your age? Talk about non-traditional students. ;)

Wes.

I'm sorry, Conner. :hug: I din't mean to screw up your name. :(

It's got to be that US-Canadian exchange rate acting up again. You guys up there must have only got .90 of the story....

And book reports at your age? Talk about non-traditional students. ;)

Wes.

No offence taken. You ain't the first.

So what you're really saying is, that at the tender age of 39, you've stopped learning! :funny:

Hugs,