2024 Anthology Entries Due Tue October 1 ×

FAQ - Facts and Questions

JSmith

The GACs are in the process of creating an FAQ for Gay Authors and we'd like to know what kind of questions anyone might have about the site. Whether that be about how to register, what's allowed, where a certain section of the site is, or anything you may want to know, feel free to ask.

Don't be shy about asking something because you think it's stupid, because chances are there are a few others that have the same question. If you're still embarrassed by your question or don't want the public attention, then send a Private Message to any one of the GACs and we'll add your question for you.

As for answering the questions, we will try to answer them as quickly and accurately as possible. If you have a question that you think others may want to know and you already have the answer to it, then by all means post away. This will stay a topic for a while until we get a good amount of information and then we'll make a web page for it.

Once again, don't be shy!

3) How does an author go about becoming hosted (either full hosting or shared member hosting)? I know the answer to this one from experience, but it's not really explained very clearly anywhere on the site (that I can think of, and I think some people get confused as to whether they have to be "invited" or can apply on their own.

4) How do we recommend stories to be listed in the Story Archive? (there are quite a few excellent stories that I've read, and was surprised to see that they weren't listed)

5) Is Myr really a wizard?

:boy:

Buddha

3) How does an author go about becoming hosted (either full hosting or shared member hosting)? I know the answer to this one from experience, but it's not really explained very clearly anywhere on the site (that I can think of, and I think some people get confused as to whether they have to be "invited" or can apply on their own.

4) How do we recommend stories to be listed in the Story Archive? (there are quite a few excellent stories that I've read, and was surprised to see that they weren't listed)

5) Is Myr really a wizard?

Please, please, please include that question (#3) about how to become hosted, but expand it a bit and explain becoming a GA author, and the other routes and procedures regarding being able to (and where to) post stories here at GA.

For #6, What about an explainer of how GA (such as the council) works, including a "who to go to" list? Also, what about all the rules for the board, both for users, and rules and guidelines regarding both how, and what, can be submitted as stories here on GA.

As for question #5, ask at your peril! Myr has been known to answer said question by turning the questioner into a frog. Hmmm, that could be why I just heard Little Buddha ribbbit...

Questions 1,2,3,4, and 6 are added.

Answer to question 5: It's best not to ask because we don't know the extent of his powers yet. :P

Answer to question 7: Sleep!? Who needs sleep!?

Will the E-fiction section be mentioned and explained? If I understand correctly, members CAN add their own stories there.

I really like the FAQ so far! I especially liked the way humor was used! The definitions for Danderthals and Domaholics made me laugh out loud!

I also really liked the explanation of membership types and requirements, as that has been puzzling me for a very long time.

Edited by C James

It still doesn't really address the difference between regular hosted author and shared member hosting, nor does it address exactly "how" to become a hosted author/shared member hosting author, such as whether you need to be invited, apply, etc., etc.

THanks for the E-fiction addition! I think that is a great feature here!

One more suggestion: what about an explainer for the voting and comments feature in the archives and elsewhere? It (last time I used it) requests a log-in, and it wasn't clear that the login needs to be the e-mail address you signed up with, rather than your user name.

This FAQ is looking great, and I'd like to take this opertunity to say a big

THANK YOU

to all the Admins and others who work so hard behind the scenes to make GA such a great place!

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Ok, like I think I might be like stupid or something, but like I found the efiction thing and like I can't figure out these directions that like got emailed to me by some wizzard dude....

1. log in

2. access user account

3. add new story

then it's like the page is on crack asking me all these quesitons and I got no clue what I should click or put my story where.... like the author's notes.... what's that? and there are only like four catagories on the "catagory" section and I know there are lots more cause there are fantasy stories but fantasy ain't a choice. And what does it mean by characters?

Sighs... this is too difficult.

Do you got easier directions?

I need E-fiction for dummies.