The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Morning, DiC! Happy Friday! I'm going to a birthday party tonight. Old friend turns 30. I haven't actually seen him in a couple of years as I've become a recluse and he and his girlfriend moved up north. I'm a bit nervous about going. There will be a lot of people there I know, including my ex-boyfriend, and I've hardly seen any of them in literally years. I am going, though!

Hope you all have a good day. :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning, DiC! Happy Friday! I'm going to a birthday party tonight. Old friend turns 30. I haven't actually seen him in a couple of years as I've become a recluse and he and his girlfriend moved up north. I'm a bit nervous about going. There will be a lot of people there I know, including my ex-boyfriend, and I've hardly seen any of them in literally years. I am going, though!

Hope you all have a good day. :) 

Thorn - have a great time at the party. Myself I’m at work. So enjoy your day everyone in DiC 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Evening, everyone. Just got home from the party. It was good. I got to talk to quite a few people I haven't seen in a while. 

Off to bed now. Goodnight! Enjoy your Friday night! :) 

• Like 5

goodnight DiC, sleep well
i think that i'd like to bring back to the candle in the window 
why a candle in the window?

The tradition of burning a candle in the window:
Placing a burning candle in one's window is a common tradition that dates back to colonial times. Candle light often evokes the warmth of home and family. The fireplace was center of family life in days gone by, and thus the candle was generally lit from that fire.  Westlake Bay Village Observer

and so

Related image

• Like 5

I am hoping for a lazy day at home. We had Peter around last night which always means some drama...and we've had a couple of busyish days. Hope you all enjoy your Saturday, whatever you choose to do. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Lazy morning, but need to do grocery shopping at some point. Hope everyone has a great day.

morning Fae, lazy mornings are good! hope you have a good day too!

43 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I am hoping for a lazy day at home. We had Peter around last night which always means some drama...and we've had a couple of busyish days. Hope you all enjoy your Saturday, whatever you choose to do. 

morning Michael Sir. hope You have a good day too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

Morning Michael I hope you have a lazy day. My self I need to cut the grass and do laundry. So everyone in DiC have a great day.

• Like 3

• Site Moderator

Morning DiCers. I have a book to finish reading, so as I sip my coffee-hot chocolate it’s a lazy time for me, too. I wish you all a great day... :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator

The sky is darkening so I had a look at the forecast on the Weather Network and found this.

Scattered thunderstorms will move southeastward across the GTA this afternoon.
A few of these storms may contain isolated wind gusts to 80 km/h, torrential downpours, small hail, and frequent lightning. 
The storms will be localized and some areas will not be affected.

It's raining and windy now, and I just heard thunder. And, to think the day started out so nicely....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

The sky is darkening so I had a look at the forecast on the Weather Network and found this.

It's raining and windy now, and I just heard thunder. And, to think the day started out so nicely....

Yeah.. pouring here. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

22 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Yeah.. pouring here. 

hello Michael Sir, hello Reader,
has it been hot and humid there? it has been here, we have a chance of getting thunderstorm this afternoon because of it

• Like 4

Just now, mollyhousemouse said:

has it been hot and humid there? it has been here, we have a chance of getting thunderstorm this afternoon because of it

yeah it's been warm.  they've been calling for Tstorms all week

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

It’s been a mix the last few days between cool and hot and humid. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..