The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Thanks for the reaponses. 

I learned a couple I've known for years has a boyfriend and I'm finding I'm borderline obsessively intrigued by the idea.  

But will have to be satisfied with Google and forums because we aren't the kind of friends I'd discuss the personal and frankly intrusive musings its brought up for me.  

Self reflection on this subject has been eye opening. 

• Like 3

Morning, DiC! Hope you all have a good day. :) 

7 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Jealous, but hope things are great. 💖

Same, lol! I'd love a third. Sigh...

3 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Thanks for the reaponses. 

I learned a couple I've known for years has a boyfriend and I'm finding I'm borderline obsessively intrigued by the idea.  

But will have to be satisfied with Google and forums because we aren't the kind of friends I'd discuss the personal and frankly intrusive musings its brought up for me.  

Self reflection on this subject has been eye opening. 

Well, I for one welcome intrusive musings. If there are any questions I can answer, please ask them. :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and fellow DiC friends. 

Good morning - 

I, like a lot of us, have struggled with weight issues. 6 years ago I decided to do something about this.

So I need to share this wonderful news with you. The day I started this journey I weight 525 lbs. yep that’s right that WAS my weight. I was a train wreck. With the help of my Doctor I had to make a change. I did this in a big way.            Today I can report I’m 1/2 the man I use to be. Today this am my weight is 249 lbs. I feel so much better. It has been a struggle. I would like to loose a few more pounds. 

So I hope you all have a GREAT Monday.

My day has started up great. 

rick

Oh wow, that's amazing, rick! Well done! ❤️ 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

I second Thorn.. that's brilliant good for you!! 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Oh wow, that's amazing, rick! Well done! ❤️ 

Thanks Thorn but mine is not as changing as yours. Good luck on yours.

4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I second Thorn.. that's brilliant good for you!! 

Thanks but I still have a way to go ... my new motto ... food don’t taste as good as thin feels ... I used to live to eat now I eat to live ... so I’m a work in progress.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Thanks Thorn but mine is not as changing as yours. Good luck on yours.

Thanks but I still have a way to go ... my new motto ... food don’t taste as good as thin feels ... I used to live to eat now I eat to live ... so I’m a work in progress.

i suppose it is a journey ... things take time.  When we found out Michael is diabetic, we had to make some changes. Michael always had a sweet tooth, and when he was a cop well, his diet was lots of take out stuff, candy, pop.. whatever to keep them going and whatever they could grab.  All the changed the minute the doctor told us ... we still have dessert, but often it is sugar free jello, fruit or some no-sugar thing i've made. Sometimes he wants something 'real' like chocolate cake.  So we have it .. but we found these tiny four inch square one layer cakes. They are like black forest with a bit of cherry on top and some cream. We share one .. usually with some jello on the side.

MODERATION is the key .. and it seems you've found your way. That's really good.

I am slim..always have been but i need to eat well because i have HIV, and to keep myself healthy, i need to eat properly, sleep etc.  So, we all have our 'things'  so we can support each other here, no matter what the thing is !!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Good morning - 

I, like a lot of us, have struggled with weight issues. 6 years ago I decided to do something about this.

So I need to share this wonderful news with you. The day I started this journey I weight 525 lbs. yep that’s right that WAS my weight. I was a train wreck. With the help of my Doctor I had to make a change. I did this in a big way.            Today I can report I’m 1/2 the man I use to be. Today this am my weight is 249 lbs. I feel so much better. It has been a struggle. I would like to loose a few more pounds. 

rick

That is a fantastic achievement rick. Congratulations! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

The Doctor I work with told me from the start that you need a cheat day. Mine is Sunday as long as it in moderation it works. So I think about something I can’t have this week was a Hot fudge sundae I say “cheat day” I had the sundae but it was a small one and I only ate 1/2 of it. I was happy. We also set small goals like loose 1% body fat (20 lbs) so we do this on small steps at one time the 1% was (70lbs)so I’m not doing this alone. 

Thanks for the words of encouragement 

rick

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Site Moderator
Just now, rickproehl said:

Reader thanks but I’m not there yet just 1 more day closer 

But, you are getting there, so congratulations is due for your success thus far, and for being able to stick with it, too. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

The Doctor I work with told me from the start that you need a cheat day. Mine is Sunday as long as it in moderation it works. So I think about something I can’t have this week was a Hot fudge sundae I say “cheat day” I had the sundae but it was a small one and I only ate 1/2 of it. I was happy. We also set small goals like loose 1% body fat (20 lbs) so we do this on small steps at one time the 1% was (70lbs)so I’m not doing this alone. 

rick

That's really great. It's funny, when we give ourselves permission to eat that sundae often we don't want it a huge one, and we are satisfied with a few bites.  I find that with these cakes because they GOOD so three forkfuls is enough.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

But, you are getting there, so congratulations is due for your success thus far, and for being able to stick with it, too. 

Oh I have my struggles and I will have more but I don’t beat myself up over it like I used to. I just get right back at it. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Oh I have my struggles and I will have more but I don’t beat myself up over it like I used to. I just get right back at it. 

That i think is people's biggest problem .. they move a few steps back and think they have failed completely.  You've figured it out.. and i think that is amazing.    For many people 'dieting' is just full of extremes. i think you and your doctor (and he's a rare one!) are doing brilliantly. 

• Love 5

10 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

rick

I've been running and losing weight (though a lot of the weight lost is simply thanks to changing my meds) and when I've been for my run I get a chocolate of some kind. Cause I need the blood sugar and I've still burned more calories than is in the chocolate. So that's how I motivate myself to do the bits that hurt, lol! A cheat moment, you could probably say.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Good morning - 

rick

That's excellent.   Kudos to you 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

1 day down and 4 to go.  

What's the Monday brought to you DIC? 

i was pleasantly surprised that my inbox was at a manageable level after being out on Friday, and that my biggest PITA customer didn't even reach out once! now dinner is cooking, and Phil and Number Two Son are replacing the filters in the vacuum cleaner.

how are you Starry?

Spoiler

PITA Pain In The A$$

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i was pleasantly surprised that my inbox was at a manageable level after being out on Friday, and that my biggest PITA customer didn't even reach out once! now d

Reveal hidden contents

PITA Pain In The A$$

molly we use PITA at our work as well. That’s our newest phrase. I’m glad you are feeling better. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..