The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

12 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Raining some here this morning. Need to quit being lazy, get myself together, and go get groceries. Want to put some beef stroganov in the slow cooker for supper.

good morning Fae
i'd love some rain, it is cool-ish here this morning though, supper in the slow cooker sounds like a great idea!

• Like 1

hello Sirs, hello everyone

had a busy day, 2 flea markets; 3 pawn shops & 1 thrift/junk shop. i did see some cast iron that was salvageable, and some nice jewelry. Phil almost put a nice Kitchen Aid stand mixer on layaway at one of the pawn shops, but decided against it.

hope everyone has had a good day!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

had a busy day, 2 flea markets; 3 pawn shops & 1 thrift/junk shop. i did see some cast iron that was salvageable, and some nice jewelry. Phil almost put a nice Kitchen Aid stand mixer on layaway at one of the pawn shops, but decided against it.

Sounds fun - I love going through thrift / antique shops.

My day has been pretty good. We've missed all the severe storms so far - the afternoon line blew up just to out East - but may get some rain overnight.  Just finished cooking and having supper, and getting ready to log off of here and relax on the couch.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

My day has been pretty good. We've missed all the severe storms so far - the afternoon line blew up just to out East - but may get some rain overnight.  Just finished cooking and having supper, and getting ready to log off of here and relax on the couch.

i'm glad your day was a good one, Fae
did you have the slow cooker stroganoff?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

molly - I’m glad you had a good day - I have had the day I needed. With Steve - movie supper and now time for us.

so To all the Good Sirs and great DiC friends good night - 

Edited by rickproehl
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

molly - I’m glad you had a good day - I have had the day I needed. With Steve - movie supper and now time for sleep. 

so To all the Good Sirs and great DiC friends good night - 

i'm happy to hear your day was what you needed it to be :hug:
rest well, see you tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Daughter has completed her homework for the week, we spent a few minutes together, and she is watching a movie in her room
Number Two was gone all day, he's now sound asleep
Number One is at work
Phil is asleep, and i should be there too
but, the house is quiet, and i like it like this
so i'll sit here and soak it in before i go in to bed
before i go, i've lit the candle again...

candle in the window.jpg

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good Morning

waiting on our first cup of coffee. Getting ready to make breakfast. Just wanted to wish everyone a Good Lazy Sunday. 

all is content in my world right now. 

This sub is focused on today. 

All is good

Finally, Hi, how is your day?

rick

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

rick

Good morning, rick. Glad to hear all is content in your world.

As for me, my brain decided to wake me at stupid o’clock, so after downing two coffees, I decided it was a good time to clean the bathroom. Vacuuming was out, because waking the neighbours wouldn’t have been very neighbourly...

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
55 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i slept most of the night ... but i don't feel better than i did ... grrr.  i am home with some kinda bug... sore throat, mild fever... so far.  GRRRRRR 

i have to thank the person who brought this to work and then decided to take the rest of the week off.  Thanks!!! 

Sorry to hear you’re under the weather, tim. On a positive note, it’s raining, so this is a good day to stay home. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

i slept most of the night ... but i don't feel better than i did ... grrr.  i am home with some kinda bug... sore throat, mild fever... so far.  GRRRRRR 

i have to thank the person who brought this to work and then decided to take the rest of the week off.  Thanks!!! 

tim sorry to hear you are sick -  I learned a long time ago Clorox handwipes and Lysol spray is my friend. I have both in my office cube area and use they often. So take care

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good Morning

waiting on our first cup of coffee. Getting ready to make breakfast. Just wanted to wish everyone a Good Lazy Sunday. 

all is content in my world right now. 

This sub is focused on today. 

All is good

rick

morning rick, about to leave to pick up the groceries & Number One Son glad you are focused and ready to face the day

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

glad you slept, sorry you're not feeling well. there should be a rule for those "patient zero" types

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Sorry to hear you’re under the weather, tim. On a positive note, it’s raining, so this is a good day to stay home. 

is it?  i haven't really looked out yet.. other than to see it is gloomy yet again...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

tim sorry to hear you are sick -  I learned a long time ago Clorox handwipes and Lysol spray is my friend. I have both in my office cube area and use they often. So take care

Lucky you.  Neither is allowed in my workspace. I do have access to a heavy duty alcohol sani-wipe for hard surfaces though. 

tim I hope you are feeling better soon. Being sick is the pits. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

i didn't touch this person.. and she didn't touch me or my keyboard ... or it could have been from the bus as well....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

morning rick, about to leave to pick up the groceries & Number One Son glad you are focused and ready to face the day

Jeeez Molly isn't it like 7am there?  You're so productive. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

Lucky you.  Neither is allowed in my workspace. I do have access to a heavy duty alcohol sani-wipe for hard surfaces though. 

tim I hope you are feeling better soon. Being sick is the pits. 

we cant have them .. any kind of wipes .. i think we can use the hand stuff.   They have sniffer dogs in for routine checks for fun things like bed bugs ... and the wipes mess up their sniffers we've been told. 

thanks.. hopefully it will go soon..  doing all the stuff.. gargling.. naps and tea ...  have a nice Sunday.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

molly thank you - I see you are busy this am so make sure you take a few minutes for yourself.

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

is it?  i haven't really looked out yet.. other than to see it is gloomy yet again...

It’s kind of clearing up now, but the heavy dark clouds - and the gloom - say to me the rain isn’t done yet, 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..