The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
24 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

For dinner again tonight ... a nice bowl of large-flake oatmeal and some toast.  One of my fav things to eat.  :D 

Sounds yummy. I had a fried egg and potato scones - sounds like we both had breakfast for dinner. :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

24 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good Morning

I hope everyone has a Productive Saturday.

Hopefully going to get my fence repaired -- before it collapses in the next wind storm.  But not heard from the contractor in the last couple of days on when he's supposed to be here today.  :(

• Sad 5

33 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Hopefully going to get my fence repaired -- before it collapses in the next wind storm.  But not heard from the contractor in the last couple of days on when he's supposed to be here today.  :(

Good luck on getting your fence done. We did our yard work yesterday we  had a dead tree that had to get cut down so i play lumberjack with my brother in law. Tree down - no accidents  so taking it safe till tonight be are hosting another football game and I’m taking tickets again. So looking forward to that. 

so anyone else have any plans?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good Morning

I hope everyone has a Productive Saturday.

morning rick!
so far it's been OK
picked up Number One Son at work so we could have some one on one time, finished loading the car and seeing Phil off for His "guys weekend," i'm now under a blanket on the couch with custody of the TV remote ( :) )
i have some things i want to take care of while Phil is gone, so i'll get started soon

39 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

oh Fae!  i hope he shows up!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

morning rick!
so far it's been OK
picked up Number One Son at work so we could have some one on one time, finished loading the car and seeing Phil off for His "guys weekend," i'm now under a blanket on the couch with custody of the TV remote ( :) )
i have some things i want to take care of while Phil is gone, so i'll get started soon

molly that’s sounds like a good morning to me. So you enjoy yourself.

• Like 3

slept from midnight to 9:45am ... got up, showered and now doing nothing but making some meatballs and then dinner later   ... working on the epilogue of the next story ...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

oh Fae!  i hope he shows up!

Hope you have a productive day Molly.

Contractor showed up just now -- 30 minutes later than he said he was going to after emailing me this morning.  Fence panels are still good but the posts (which are treated lumber) are so old they're rotting both from the top down and the bottom up.  A large section of the fence technically isn't mine but the neighbors behind me; however, that is a nearly abandoned structure and they won't be fixing it anytime soon, and the two fences are tied together into one structure anyway. That and their section is the worst one and it's fix things or have it fall down completely.

• Wow 4

3 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Hope you have a productive day Molly.

thank you, Fae

3 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Contractor showed up just now -- 30 minutes later than he said he was going to after emailing me this morning.  Fence panels are still good but the posts (which are treated lumber) are so old they're rotting both from the top down and the bottom up.  A large section of the fence technically isn't mine but the neighbors behind me; however, that is a nearly abandoned structure and they won't be fixing it anytime soon, and the two fences are tied together into one structure anyway. That and their section is the worst one and it's fix things or have it fall down completely.

sounds like it's going to be a big job, but one that needs done

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

slept from midnight to 9:45am ... got up, showered and now doing nothing but making some meatballs and then dinner later   ... working on the epilogue of the next story ...

that sounds like a good nights sleep!
enjoy the cooking and writing time

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sounds like a good day ..

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

excuse me please Sirs, and Good DiC friends - So how has your day or evening been? i just got home from football game and sitting by fire to warm up. 

hiya rick! how was the football game?
it's been a very quiet day here. Phil left about 8. the kids and i watched some Disney +
Number One went to lay down about 1:00 , he'll be up in about 30 minutes for work, Number Two Son left for work just about 5, Daughter left for work about 3:30
bed linens are changed and i cleaned out from under the bed, straightened my nightstand and ordered groceries

Spoiler

i miss Phil, but He called and they're having a good time. there was talk about some penny ante poker about to start

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hiya rick! how was the football game?
it's been a very quiet day here. Phil left about 8. the kids and i watched some Disney +
Number One went to lay down about 1:00 , he'll be up in about 30 minutes for work, Number Two Son left for work just about 5, Daughter left for work about 3:30
bed linens are changed and i cleaned out from under the bed, straightened my nightstand and ordered groceries

Reveal hidden contents

i miss Phil, but He called and they're having a good time. there was talk about some penny ante poker about to start

Football game was good there is a good group of 3 that sell and take tickets so that was a good time. Looks like you had a good productive day molly.

• Like 2

molly

Spoiler

we always miss the men in our lives when they are gone away. Steve has the 24 hour bug and he told me to stay away he didn’t want me to get sick. 

so i’m getting we have a pizza coming so having a late supper.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

molly

Reveal hidden contents

we always miss the men in our lives when they are gone away. Steve has the 24 hour bug and he told me to stay away he didn’t want me to get sick. 

so i’m getting we have a pizza coming so having a late supper.

mmmm, pizza. but good for Steve, it's best not to share those kinds of things
i had some good salami and cheese with a good grainy mustard

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

mmmm, pizza. but good for Steve, it's best not to share those kinds of things
i had some good salami and cheese with a good grainy mustard

but some TLC never hurt anyone... at least we have email and the telephone so yeah things are going good. The only thing i would add would be  a cold soda and that is a good supper. 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..