The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator

On my walk today I came across a house that had single letter signs in their living room window that read ‘enjoy your walk’ and ‘have an an awesome day’. Put a smile on my face that did.

Other people were out walking as well, but we practiced social distancing so we could all enjoy our time in the sun. 

Good night DiCers.

I wish the sweetest of happy dreams for one and all. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Too bad for the hoarders...

i've seen a lot of places are doing this Reader, serves them all right

so what did everyone do today?
i did laundry, prepped my breakfasts for the week, and had a nap

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

worked ... talked some nice folks, talked to some idiots who have no idea how to communicate whatsoever .. so when i asked questions they got pissy.  Day one is done... 4 more to go.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
41 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Went for a walk. Meant to do laundry, but forgot about so I’ll do it tomorrow since it’s supposed to snow, so a walk isn’t likely in the forecast. Talked to my US brother who says he knows 10 people with the virus. *sigh* 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Went for a walk. Meant to do laundry, but forgot about so I’ll do it tomorrow since it’s supposed to snow, so a walk isn’t likely in the forecast. Talked to my US brother who says he knows 10 people with the virus. *sigh* 

Wow.. i hope your brother is okay.. .. snow?  really.. . gosh.

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Wow.. i hope your brother is okay.. .. snow?  really.. . gosh.

Yes, he’s fine so no worries on that front. Yes, snow starting tonight, but the forecast has changed and it looks like wet snow that’s going to turn into rain. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Yes, he’s fine so no worries on that front. Yes, snow starting tonight, but the forecast has changed and it looks like wet snow that’s going to turn into rain. 

well i'm inside but just blah... i was hoping to get out for a bit... maybe i will anyway. For 30 minutes after work. Just reading about possible stronger measures for people congregating... people dont get it. 

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

well i'm inside but just blah... i was hoping to get out for a bit... maybe i will anyway. For 30 minutes after work. Just reading about possible stronger measures for people congregating... people dont get it. 

i drove to the ice and water vending station today, the fresh air was good
Phil and Daughter went to the pharmacy and the grocery store. 
and His boss just called, they're going "work from home" but He has to go in to talk to IT about all of his accommodations for low vision

• Sad 3
  • Site Moderator
44 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I practice social distancing when I’m out for my walks and last time I was in a store (Wednesday, I think) just don’t engage people . People I find are acknowledging each other from afar. I haven’t heard anything against congregating as yet  (as in groups) but I suppose one way is to close the malls. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Not nearly enough as I should have done.  Not ready for work tomorrow. Still going into the office, but we're staying in our respective offices and just communicating through IM.

• Like 4

We needed a milk and bread run, otherwise I just hung out watching movies. Pretty much a typical rainy sunday sort of day. On a good note, this stay at home order is probably the best thing to happen to my hamstring!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

molly sounds like you had a good day. i spent the day resting and playing with the dogs. it felt good to do nothing. So have a good day and week.

• Like 4

image.jpeg.9ab656a352167a3c1961db013f542c25.jpeg  It is doing this right now ... salt truck just came by.  And i laughed, "HA HA" because i do not have to go out in this crap. Oh happy spring and tra la la.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

this is my first week working from home .. so it should be good at least the commute is short 

take care my friend 

that's the only good thing... i am tired of people and their whinging and just how special they are (in their own minds). Most of em can take a flying leap ...

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.jpeg.9ab656a352167a3c1961db013f542c25.jpeg  It is doing this right now ... salt truck just came by.  And i laughed, "HA HA" because i do not have to go out in this crap. Oh happy spring and tra la la.

Yay!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wow we are way behind in email.. i've been on March 18 for the past two days.. and the last email i answered after an hour of OT came in at 4:20pm March 18.. i cant imagine how much there is in there.

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Wow we are way behind in email.. i've been on March 18 for the past two days.. and the last email i answered after an hour of OT came in at 4:20pm March 18.. i cant imagine how much there is in there.

Hope not too much, tim. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..